Toledo Ohio Help

Bmartz2035

TDPRI Member
i am trying to track down a 1950 Gibson my father in law sold when times were tough. He only has months left and would love to find it. He sold to a shop on airport highway in Toledo Ohio that no longer is in business. If anyone could help identify the store it would be great starting point.

Snook

Tele-Meister
You should be able to locate the shop in a city directory at the local library. They have a reverse directory that will show all the businesses on the street or road. If you don't know the year start earlier and work your way up. You should be able to find the owner's name and home address as well.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Recently...there was some Indian jewlery and guitar shop on Airport..but he was only open a few years.
Back in the day the only 2 Gibson dealers were (Ron's Music and Peeler Music) both closed..I think Peeler was on Byrne 1 street over from airport.
Was Gibson an electric or acoustic.

Bmartz2035

TDPRI Member
Recently...there was some Indian jewlery and guitar shop on Airport..but he was only open a few years.
Back in the day the only 2 Gibson dealers were (Ron's Music and Peeler Music) both closed..I think Peeler was on Byrne 1 street over from airport.
Thank You. Looks like Peeler was open in 80's but closed in 89. does that sound correct to you?

Bmartz2035

TDPRI Member

It was electric had some impressive history

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I think the old "Ron's music" left in the late 80s early 90s
I believe he has a small time music shop now on Tremainsville Rd, Full score music.
Mostly Indonesian stuff.