Todd comments on Kanye

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Get me a bit high and a glass of wine with a great producer and, yes, I myslef could put out a far better product. Though, much better than Kanye. I wallked into a friedn apt in 1973-4 and he had the double Todd album on. It sounded incredible. My friend says, "hey teleman, you a good guitar player, can you play any of this, I said NO and became an instant Todd fan. I was a superfan for a few years. Todd says it like it is and stands up for his causes. Todd is a critical cynical guy and I don't think Kanye would be too great at handling the truth.

TR is one of the best rock guitarists of the 70s IMO. I was a kid in Philly when he came up with The Nazz, and critics were seriously comparing him to Clapton.

I used to see him with his band before The Nazz, a blues band called Woody's Truck Stop. He could play him some blues.

Nazz did a Cream-style blues thing on the second album.

And another one that's closer to Butterfield Blues Band.

- D

Last edited:

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Right!! I checked the print on the CD cover - damn things are so small!! - but I was looking "produced".

Engineering that album kinda kicked the door open for his production career - after he did that he got the head engineer job at Bearsville and produced a James Cotton record, and it snowballed from there.

He also did a final mix on the Stage Fright album, but another producer (Glyn Johns?) also did a mix and there's some confusion as to whose mixes were used for the album as released.

- D

421JAM

Tele-Holic
If you don't know who they are, how do you know you're not interested?

Saying “who” whenever a famous person is named has become the latest obnoxious internet trend. You see it everywhere these days, and more than one person on this thread has bought into it.

tanplastic

Friend of Leo's
Saying “who” whenever a famous person is named has become the latest obnoxious internet trend. You see it everywhere these days, and more than one person on this thread has bought into it.
Ignorance is something to be proud of I guess?
I only see older people doing this form of "canceling" of anyone current.
At least when Billie Eilish said "Who?" she really didn't know who Van Halen was, haha.
It's like "IBTL" to me.
What is the poster getting from that?

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Engineering that album kinda kicked the door open for his production career - after he did that he got the head engineer job at Bearsville and produced a James Cotton record, and it snowballed from there.

He also did a final mix on the Stage Fright album, but another producer (Glyn Johns?) also did a mix and there's some confusion as to whose mixes were used for the album as released.

- D

Right! I knew there was a blues production credit to his name. I have that recording. I thought he had some involvement on the Muddy Waters "Woodstock Album", but I checked and didn't see his name.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
TR is one of the best rock guitarists of the 70s IMO. I was a kid in Philly when he came up with The Nazz, and critics were seriously comparing him to Clapton.

I used to see him with his band before The Nazz, a blues band called Woody's Truck Stop. He could play him some blues.

Nazz did a Cream-style blues thing on the second album.

And another one that's closer to Butterfield Blues Band.

- D

The man can play the Blues. Definitely comparable.

Ziggy played for time
Jiving us that we were voodoo
The kids were just crass
He was the nazz
With God-given ass
He took it all too far
But, boy, could he play guitar

Mojojonesing

TDPRI Member
Lots of Kanye hate. Lots of rapper hate in general. Sounds like the same Beatles and Stones hate I grew up hearing. No need to slash a guy for mental health reasons. And no need to heap micro aggressions because he’s so successful in a genre that’s not your favorite.
You had me until you used the term microaggressions!