Todd comments on Kanye

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Kanye was an interesting song maker when I first noticed him in the early 2000s.
His subsequent decent into absolute madness has made me realize how fragile sanity must really be.

I wonder what his legacy would've been had he stayed sane. Certainly more liked but also less known. Part of his identity has become the drama, the making T Swift cry (milked that, she did), talking smack about Beck before the dudes wife reminded him that he plays 14 instruments and has been doing this awhile....
The name thing is the latest unfortunate step for him.

I'm not trying to be ironic, I think it's sad that someone who used to seem a little off has degraded like that.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Kanye was an interesting song maker when I first noticed him in the early 2000s.
His subsequent decent into absolute madness has made me realize how fragile sanity must really be.

I wonder what his legacy would've been had he stayed sane. Certainly more liked but also less known. Part of his identity has become the drama, the making T Swift cry (milked that, she did), talking smack about Beck before the dudes wife reminded him that he plays 14 instruments and has been doing this awhile....
The name thing is the latest unfortunate step for him.

I'm not trying to be ironic, I think it's sad that someone who used to seem a little off has degraded like that.

Isn't he bipolar? I think I heard that was the diagnosis. It's sad that someone can be that "off", but people are more interested in being yes-men and kissing his hiney than getting him help. Or so it seems to me - I don't really follow him.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I know some of you are kidding and some aren’t.
He’s had 107 Top 100, 56 Top 40 hits. 4 #1 hits.
10 #1 albums.

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
I know some of you are kidding and some aren’t.
He’s had 107 Top 100, 56 Top 40 hits. 4 #1 hits.
10 #1 albums.

Yes Mr. Ye has talent .... but I won't work with him .

upload_2021-11-24_17-43-25.jpeg

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
Kanye is basically a “right time, right place” guy.

His rapping sounds like one of those random guys on the corner who asks you if you like “real hip hop” and tries to sell you a CD-R. If you put him up against a contemporary like Lil Wayne, he practically sounds like amateur hour.

But his productions (at least when he was still making his own stuff) were above average, at a time when the hip hop landscape was relatively barren...a lot of schlocky club jams. So everyone thought he was a genius for that and he played that card right. I’m seeing a similar thing now with pop, where anyone who busts a piano or guitar out gets hailed as amazing, because people are so tired of electronic pop.

If he had come up in the 90s, nobody would have paid much attention to him. He would have only been moderately famous at best.

Last edited: