Today Was A Good Day...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's

Yesterday, I found a $50 bill in the parking lot at work. I asked everyone if they had lost any money and everyone said "No". I waited 24 hours and no one claimed the money, so today, it's mine.

I sold two De Walt batteries for $120. I was asking $125 but the guy who showed up to buy them actually READ my CL ad and included his phone number when no one else did. I knocked off $5 for that.

We completed all of our assigned work for today by 5PM. All my web based training was complete, there were no outages and my boss let me stand-by at my house until my shift was completed.

I harvested a LOT of carrots from our garden and my wife made carrot soup. Yum!

I won twice on two separate scratch off tickets for a profit of $10. My paycheck was much more net than I thought it was going to be after all the overtime I worked for the last pay period... $1500 more. We got a check back from our flex health care account for $500.

I only got into two "biffos" on TDPRI... one with a guy I actually like (I was teasing you about having dumb taste in beer) and one with a guy I don't like (only the second guy I've ever ignored but it was healthier for me that way). For those who care a bit, my tirades are mostly sarcasm and satire and mean absolutely no harm but it plays better in person than over a keyboard.

And finally, my son and daughter in law and grand daughters got the packages I sent. You see, I send a "surprise" package about once every month or two. I send things they aren't likely to find in their small Mississippi town. Like CBD infused bath bombs, cheese crisps and a whole bunch of different healthy snacky things. I sent my son a GoPro Hero5 and all of the accessories I had because I upgraded to a Hero7 and he's been playing and experimenting with it all afternoon. I also sent him an 8" Weber to put in the 5F3 I built him years ago. I sent my daughter in law a card with $100 in it and she was happy.

Everyone was happy today, especially me.

Today was a GOOD day...

2. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's

This is a happy kid. They love the surprise packages...

IMG_2664.jpeg

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Sounds like a great day, I just watched a bunch of old Westerns and got nothing done around the house as usual. I don't have kids to surprise will nice gifts but I bought myself a Ernie Ball power peg string winder, looking forward to the next string change so I can play with my new toy.:)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  4. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Holic

The lady dresses well!

getbent, NewKid and Torren61 like this.
  5. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Who says that there aren’t any honest people anymore?

That was a lot of trouble to find someone who may have lost a fifty dollar bill.

Chunkocaster, getbent and Torren61 like this.
  6. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Good days are nice.
    Even nicer when you take time to appreciate one.
    Well done.

getbent and Torren61 like this.
  7. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

31CFFFB7-1DF2-477D-A5D9-ACD0DF454C40.jpeg

I set up my 24 year-old daughter’s first electric guitar - an old Chinese Strat copy gifted by one of my mom’s friends.

Put new strings on it, polished the frets and cleaned the fretboard with lemon oil, decked the bridge, filed the nut down, lowered the action, and set the intonation.

It is a playable guitar but I wouldn’t call it good, especially after I broke one of the tone knobs off.

She thinks it’s the best guitar ever and has already named it.

Chunkocaster, getbent and Torren61 like this.
  8. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's

I chuckled when I read she had named it. Cute. :) Oh wait... what did she name it?

getbent likes this.
  9. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

Zelda Fitzgerald. I don’t know why.

If she takes to this guitar and plays it a lot I may consider giving her one of my Teles some day.

Torren61 and getbent like this.
  10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

i didnt see anything about using an A-K just right there would be a good day

fendertx, Torren61 and getbent like this.
  11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

That's nothing.

My Mom does the same thing when she finds a ten dollar bill.

The funny thing is, she accidentally dropped the bill, herself. And can't be convinced of it, no way.

She's currently not speaking to the people, across the street from her and my Dad. She learned that another neighbor had loaned them $ 100 and the loan was never repaid. But that was 2 years ago. Now, she tells everyone she knows, her neighbors don't pay their debts. But she would GIVE them the money if they needed it.

Some people are like that.

12. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

It is good to have a good day. It is even better to appreciate a good day. And what a great dad/grandfather too.

Thanks for sharing.

Matt G, boredguy6060, NewKid and 2 others like this.
  13. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Afflicted

Nice to hear that you had a good day!! Thanks for sharing! Any chance of sharing your wife's recipe for that homemade carrot soup? - sounds like something the mommacat should be making for us here. ;)

Torren61 likes this.
  14. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

I consider it a good weekend when nothing breaks. Last weekend was the water softener and furnace. Our joke at work on Monday mornings is, "So, did you wreck anything this weekend?" There is often a story told of some stupid or unfortunate act costing money.

15. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's

I’m working today with a few minutes down time here and there. I’ll post the recipe when I get a chance.

16. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Your granddaughter appears to be a princess. You'd think royalty could afford their own snacks. I'm outraged.

Matt G and Torren61 like this.
  17. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

@hemingway, aren't riches acquired from peasants by the royals?
    I'm curious, how much does Parliament budge for the royals anyway? Or maybe it doesn't work that way.

18. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

I can relate. I have to concentrate SO HARD to tone down my natural sarcasm. I mean some days it's almost painful.

I once supported someone's view with heavy sarcasm; it came across as I was making fun of them. The voice inflection was lost in the keyboard.

Nice to hear you had a really good day though - seriously! I need to have some of those.

Torren61 likes this.
  19. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

All that, AND a princess. Good day, indeed.

20. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Holic

Torren61:

Would you consider adopting me?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.