Today in Oz!

chezdeluxe

Doctor of Teleocity
Major flooding in south east Queensland where I live but I am not affected personally.

Catastrophic flooding predicted for Lismore in northern New South Wales as the rain system which has drenched us for the past 4 days moves south.

Fluddman

Tele-Holic
For a dry country we are very wet at the moment. Mostly on the east coast - Western Australia is hot and dry.

I've never seen such a long wet spell in Sydney.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
all this rain has taken 2 days to move down into new south wales... very slow moving..lots of water...

record rains/flood levels everywhere this part of Oz..... major dams are over capacity and they have to release water into the rivers as well as getting bigger high tides this month... there's water spilling out into low ground everywhere...

Screenshot 2022-02-26 at 09-32-44 128 km Gympie (Mt Kanigan) 24 hour Rainfalls.png

68Telebass

Friend of Leo's
all this rain has taken 2 days to move down into new south wales... very slow moving..lots of water...

record rains/flood levels everywhere this part of Oz..... major dams are over capacity and they have to release water into the rivers as well as getting bigger high tides this month... there's water spilling out into low ground everywhere...

View attachment 956946
Well…not LIKE like, but thanks for the update. Slow moving systems are….impactful..,

AussieAndrew

Friend of Leo's
I feel for those being flooded, displaced by floods and affected by the rains.
Not so much just a dry country, "this sunburnt country is a land of droughts and flooding rains".
It affects different parts at different times, we get our share down here in Vic sometimes.