1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

to marry or not to marry

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by omlove, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

After a couple of failed marriages and long term relationships that ended, I had to find out the cause. So I went about finding the common denominator and after much self examination, sole searching and so forth, by God I found it!
    They were quite simply all witches. (with a capital B)

For awhile there I thought it was me. :)

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Marry merry, quite contrary?

Moriarty likes this.
  3. Prince1999

Prince1999 Tele-Meister

[/QUOTE]

Have you ever run a business? You hire and promote and pay the best talent that promotes, performs and makes your business a profit. Honestly, if women were so productive and so profitable, from being payed less and doing the same amount of work, men would be out of jobs, because women would do the same amount of work for less money.

But the fact is, they don't.... not on average. Men work more hours, longer hours, for the most part on salary, as well as invent, build and design everything in this world, infrastructure wise, as well as install it and maintain it. Let us know how many women hold patents for designs, compared to men, % wise. Or the % of Engineers of any type, that are female to % male. Did women put us on the moon? Do women win battles in wars? Do you see many women in critical thinking skills type of jobs. You don't, because women run on feelings and emotions, not on facts. Look at who writes the contracts and signs them, for everything built in this world that makes life easier and more convenient to live. Far majority is by men.

Because men get more done, for less money per widget, for every business. Otherwise we'd all be unemployed. Men are more productive.

4. Prince1999

Prince1999 Tele-Meister

Start discussing going on vacations together, and what her idea is of a vacation, and what your idea is of a vacation, and who is expected to pay for it. Watch carefully how she spends money on herself, and on you. Also watch, if she's in a business where the company picks up expenses on business trips, how she spends the companies money, versus her own. Also watch what she orders on the menu when she takes you out for dinner vs when you take her out for dinner. Also watch how she treats the waiter or waitress. If she orders with " I want the...." vs, "I'd like the" vs, she tells you what she would like and lets you order for her.

Also look at her mother and how her mom treats her dad.

Men and women from divorced parents generally are genetically disposed to accepting failed marriages as the norm, and should be avoided.

Or you can just go about it the way Prince did, with this:

5. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Holic

There is luck involved. I personally like to personalize luck and call it God, but I won't get religious here. Yes, God may choose to give you a good wife or not. If He doesn't, it doesn't mean He hates you. If He does, it doesn't mean He loves you more than the other guy whose marriage failed miserably, or the other guy who never even had a chance to meet someone. I believe we all have to face exactly the same amount of lessons and challenges, and also the same amount of lucky or good things; it's only the nature of those things that change from one to another.

Sometimes, the lesson proposed to us might be in the form of a question - what did I fail to see? What is this situation trying to tell me? Was I really this perfect being who only did good and got undeservingly and cruelly screwed in the end for no reason at all? Or, where do I stand in the spectrum - the good things versus the bad things that I did?

These are questions I ask myself about the things that I perceive as the challenges that God has presented me. Instead of sanctifying myself to my own eyes, or beating myself into misery and self loathing, I should let it go and try to see what the lesson is. Have I done nothing wrong? Good, so the lesson is to accept the supposedly unfair outcome and move on with no blame or resentment, and without ill look towards those who had a better outcome in the same thing. We weren't told that everything in our lives would be always fair to us, according to our own notion of fairness - the person who screwed us always thinks he or she is being fair. So, fairness versus fairness, it all vanishes in the end. These situations will not be considered as a definitive, collective whole, but according to how each one behaved and handled each lesson.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Owenmoney and Marquee Moon like this.
  6. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Yeah, God choose to let my 2 year old kid die as part of his master plan, I dig it! All for the greater good!

Maybe we ease on the religious stuff here?

7. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

yeah, tell me about it. I talked to him about 10 years ago on facebook when I was in my 20s and he was very abrasive and strange. A bit of mental illness combined with psychedelic drugs(by his own accord) probably contributed to that. I can empathize with that, but he just acts like he was never spanked as a child.

8. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Holic

Sincerely sorry to hear about your loss. I have a little kid at home. My post wasn't religious. You can substitute the word God for luck or any other. It's not my duty to convince anyone of God's ways.

Lobomov likes this.
  9. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

The united states is culturally different from where you are from. It is not unusual to hear americans speak this way.

Lobomov likes this.
  10. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    This thread has jumped the shark.

Time to close it and encourage all of you to consider the feelings of others.

Be nice to each other

When it is time to not be nice, let the MODs know and we’ll do the enforcing

telemnemonics and 8barlouie like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.