1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

to marry or not to marry

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by omlove, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Legalities & traditions aside, the union’s between two hearts...celebrate on your own terms

2 Headed Goat and telemnemonics like this.
  2. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

26 1/2 years married here. We were young and had a ton of fun together so we got hitched. My girl was a best friend that did everything I wanted to. She is no princess. She'll straddle the fender of my 1938 Plymouth to get that greasy bolt that my big hands can't. She raised 2 amazing young men, our boys. She can cook a killer turkey dinner with all the fix'ns. Install new windows in the house, upgrade copper plumbing, lay tiles, build a deck. Grow a garden, stitch a quilt, or assemble a tube amp. Build furniture or solid pine, dove-tail guitar cabinets. And tons more. I won the lottery.

She was a young sweety that I saw huge potential in. I supported her every desire. Today as a happy couple we have the skills of many people combined. She's stubborn and thick headed. She is a type -A dominant woman. God knows it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns for the past 26 years. We have toe'd the line many times and worked our crap out.

I can't imagine life without her. Take today for example. I'm out in the driveway in grease up to my eyeballs working on my diesel truck. She comes out asks me how things are going. Would I like a coffee or any help? Naw, I'm fine thanks. She goes back in the house to work on her master bedroom/bathroom reno. She ripped the room down to the studs last fall. Ceiling too. She's been in there all day tiling the new shower she built from scratch. We don't hire contractors. I do my thing, she does hers. It's awesome.

Not everyone makes it this far in a relationship. From dating in high school, to raising our kids and watching them graduate from University. We've been together through it all. Women age like fine whiskey. They just keep getting better and better. Well some do. My wife did. We were kidding around yesterday walking through the reno site in our home. I said, I will not outlive you. I don't want to. I can't image being in this world without her.
    Marrying this woman was the best thing I ever did in my life. There is no way I would be where I am today without her help....On now to the next stage. Empty nest to retirement and beyond.

3. hudpucker

hudpucker Tele-Meister

Seriously? 'Contemporary Western feminist culture'? Where do you live? 1962?

Hard to fathom that you penned what you believed to be an articulate response defending a truly deluded membership group such as the utterly pathetic MGTOW. You've blamed women for abandoning 'traditional roles' due to such empowerment? Maybe, just maybe feminism arose as a response to the dominant Patriarchy in society and government. Women don't earn what men do in the workplace (still) but you're on about how they've torpedoed traditional marriage?That whirring sound over your head is the point...and you missed it.

You give the MGTOW miscreants too much credit. I highly doubt whether they've though much about risk/benefit assessments; far more likely is that they look for reinforcement from other deluded men culminating in an online stench of misogyny and virtual bad foot odor.

To each their own, sure but groupthink should be called out when obvious and....this is obvious AF.

Carry on...

raysachs and william tele like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Those of you who never really experienced true love, probably never will. It usually comes early on in life, if it comes at all. My mountain man brother in law was walking up the street one day when my wife and her sister and a friend from high school were walking home. My brother in law laid eyes on my wife's sister, and that was it, he was by his own admission twitterpated!

They were about seventeen years old at the time. In less than a year they would be married, they were inseparable all of their lives from that point on. The only time they were ever apart was when my wife and I took J on a trip to Arkansas to see a third sister. More than once I thought I would have to turn around and take her home because she was missing her hubby so badly. We had a great trip overall though, the three girls enjoyed it immensely, but she was sorely glad to see her hubby when she got home.

They lived in the mountains, they cut wood together, and hunted together, they road horses together, they went together to the roping contests where my BIL roped in events. They played music together every day for close on to forty years. Also, they would have, and raise two children together. My sis in law died during the night in her own bed at home one night this coming July will be three years ago. It would have been better for my BIL if he had gone that same night. He is here, he is functional, but for all practical purposes his life is over.

A woman who lost her husband came by and brought my BIL some dinner one evening, and he said, I thank you for the dinner, but I gotta tell ya, I'm not looking for a woman. There was only one woman for me, and she's gone. My BIL and I had many a great adventure in the woods together hunting with hounds. His last dog was put down a month ago, his hunting days are over. When I go to visit, we play a little music, then mostly sit and hardly speak, just sharing times we've had by empathy I suppose. Then we sit out by the bunkhouse and watch the turkey vultures wheel above us drafting the last currents before sundown.

When I leave, we look at each other across over more than fifty years of shared friendship, we shake hands, and he walks me over to where I'm parked. He says, you know I do get lonely up here, but I can't go back down to town, I just can't. I tell him I know, then we part, and I drift on down the mountain to my home, and give thanks I still have my sweetie waiting for me.

5. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

Well howdy....

I expressed my viewpoint in this context....you've expressed yours.
    I stand by my commentary on marriage and it's inherent risks for the male.
    Whether anyone agrees with my perceptions as to why MGTOW exists is their choice.

Have a great weekend....:)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    nomadh likes this.
  6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Nice Marantz. Television was a jam band but - a good one.

Hood means something different in Detroit than Jersey . Short for neighborhood. Nothing to do with fatherless anything on my end . Just had to do with stories some folks are comfortable telling about themselves and others aren’t and never would.

Speaking of all that , A bunch of very good local bands here all got together and booked Richard Lloyd for kind of a seminar and a live music performance. After the first two or three bands played and Richard was going to go up , he got so verbally abusive and condescending to the local bands they ended up picking him up by his collar and tossed him into a cab and told him never to come back.

Dude had some problems !

jondanger likes this.
  7. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Great post, I feel the same about my wife !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keithb7 likes this.
  8. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

Yes it was....and I feel the same about the woman who stuck with me all these years.
    I do feel quite fortunate.

9. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Would you believe that I bought it along with a couple shot Acoustic Research towers for a single Benny?

Well, I did. [emoji3526] God bless the Craigslist of the past.

Mike Eskimo and william tele like this.
  10. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

We bought our humble 1530 the year we were married...our 40th anniversary is next week and it's still playing records!:)

Mike Eskimo and jondanger like this.
  11. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Pretty sure that if that happens , it's that woman's choice , right? No one is forcing them to do that, right? That being the case, actually the comparison makes plenty of sense

12. blowtorch

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  13. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

The best companion I have come across in my time has been a dog. They are always extremely happy to see you, listen intently to what you have to say and rarely if ever complain. I recommend getting a dog.

P Thought and blowtorch like this.
  14. Slowisfast

Slowisfast Tele-Meister

Marry her. Make babies.

15. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

Marriage is the most expensive way for you to have bad sex.

Prince1999 likes this.
  16. string pull

string pull Tele-Meister

If you have to ask, you just answered your own question....

17. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Go on that show The Batchelor and have a group of chicks fight over you. The fittest competitor wins. Just use a fake name though or you could end up being dragged through the wringer when the cameras stop rolling.

That show is like a pack of bums fighting over a bite of the same piece of steak that was prepared in a kitchen free from health regulations or testing. Both the Batchelor and Batchelorette are a strange concept.

Waiting for the plot twist when one of the contestants tests positive for an std and they all get it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  18. blowtorch

Falsehood
    Another one

nomadh likes this.
  19. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

The reason the bride is always smiling? She knows she's given her last BJ.

nomadh likes this.
  20. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Afflicted

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.