to marry or not to marry

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by omlove, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Afflicted

He didn’t name her though. Maybe it really is Harvey.

2. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Nah… It was just a way to point out that in this story the man was the villain, the woman (my sister) was completely the victim.

Hard to believe given the general theme of this thread that a woman did something other than cheat, spend a bunch of the man’s money, or nag.

BTW, If it was me in one of these bad marriages and I had gotten raked over the coals financially or emotionally or somehow damaged by my ex-wife, I sure as hell wouldn’t admit it on this forum - ya bunch of delicate flowers ! :lol::lol::lol:

3. Mike Eskimo

D is a start ! Hooker built a career on one chord !

4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah fair enough, I agree that it's good to get a range of viewpoints and even value those that are far from my own, because it helps me to understand humanity.

My comment about deleting the whole thread was about the comparatively few posts coming from bitter hurt, then turned into returning more bitterness as an antidote to bitterness.
    Sometimes I feel like someone so bitter is like a drunk driver behind the wheel.
    They may feel very strongly that they must charge forth in bitterness, yet they hurt themselves and others in the process.

I could be wrong about this, but I think most of the regrettable things I've said have come from that place of bitterness.

Sort of like statistics where the most extreme highs and lows are outliers not beneficial to a clear picture of reality.

When individuals hold up personal bitterness as evidence that all of the kind who made them bitter are bad, what good has been done?

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Ask yourself: If she left you alone and disappeared from your life for one year, would you miss her or secretly (or not secretly) be relieved she's gone ? I'm sure that's not the whole answer, just food for thought.

Matt G likes this.
  6. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Afflicted

That’s a terrible thing to say about her!

7. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

I'm sometimes happy to have her leave for a few days, but if she's gone for as long as a week, I REALLY start to miss her after a few days and can't wait until she gets home. So if she just completely disappeared from my life one day, I'd be devastated and it might or might not ever get functionally over it.

But it wasn't a D...

ponce likes this.
  8. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

There were an awful lot of positives in favor of women. I happen to like a lot of women, but I’m also well aware of how some of them are, there are also a lot of men who I avoid like the plague. I like decent respectful people of both sexes and well behaved respectful children. I find these qualities usually go together.
    I can also call things for what I see them as. I don’t recall too many delicate flowers, more like honest men and a few women being open to try to help the original poster.
    There’s an old saying he’ll hath no fury like a woman scorned, and another one that goes if mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy. They can both be very true or totally nonexistent. And as for cheating, while men and women can do it, I certainly don’t think women do it less, as Toto’s Dad pointed out, they can use several methods to lead a man astray !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

The terrifying thing is that getting married seems to either be the best, or the worst decision someone can make.

I'm lucky, but I know first hand of friends and family who's life has been turned upside down by divorce.

Life is weird, we only get one go, and it's a case of figuring it out as we go along.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Owenmoney and Matt G like this.
  10. Mike Eskimo

John Lee

Plus if she lifts her pinky up and down, it’s that other chord that I can never remember the name of, so that’s 2 chords !

E, G - whatever. He made his name in THE D !

And by the way , ain’t that what capos are for ?

raysachs likes this.
  11. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

:lol: and by the way, just so you all know, I capoed up two guitars yesterday, both at the second fret, and played with them all day thataway. I nearly learned a couple things--though I'm not sure yet how they fit with everything--related to the fact that I have lots of trouble fingering G and C shapes up the neck, easy of course with a capo, and to my quest to find each of the harmonized scale intervals within each of the CAGED major-scale patterns.

Back to the thread topic: I'd tell my wife about this, but she wouldn't care at all. Most of you guys probably don't either, but at least when I annoy you I don't suffer for it. (By my dad's way of counting we've been together almost 80 years, 40 for her and 40 for me.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Oh noes! Does this mean I'll start turning the TV on to FoxNews in the morning and leaving it on, there, all day?!

13. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

What good, unique, profound things can possibly be said between about pages 4 and 23 in a thread about marriage [to about anything else] that has not been said already?

There is no way I am reading through it all to find out.

Moriarty and Matt G like this.
  14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

It's kinda like sittin' on the back porch watching the widder woman hang her bloomers on the clothesline that she forgot to wash.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  15. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

that is not what I said. I said that most divorces are initiated by women and that most divorces are because of infidelity. I did not say that most divorces were because of infidelity committed by men.

One thing, I don't think men are paid for providing for their family. In most cases men make more money, and contribute more of that than women do.

16. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

It kind of seems like when a women is made victim of a man, we should show empathy and hold the man accountable so we can all be aware of this behavior and discourage it. But when a man is made victim, he is less of a man. That is an interesting thing about our culture.

Moriarty, nomadh, blowtorch and 2 others like this.
  17. Mike Eskimo

Well sure, because he is.

If he talks about it.

We’ve all been there, or most of us have.
    But you’re not gonna hear any particulars out of me.

In the hood we call it “Handle yo bi’ness”
    Which means don’t be a victim, keep your wits about you, and if you do get rolled, sure as hell don’t let anybody know that you did.

It’s embarrassing to hear others boo-hoo stories, much less have that stuff happen to you.

18. John How

John How Tele-Meister

.....never mind....

19. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

“Initiate divorce” means start legal proceedings to dissolve a marriage. It doesn’t mean act in a way that sours the marriage.

Not all cheating ends in divorce, even if both parties know that it happened. Not all divorces are caused by cheating.

You are drawing a line from Point A to Point Q.307-d. The data that you’re referencing isn’t unrelated, but it’s not causal as in the way you are using it.

BTW, your avatar made me throw this on. Musta been some biiiiig set up . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Mike Eskimo and Marquee Moon like this.
  20. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

no offense, but the hood mentality is why there are alot of single mothers out there with fatherless children. Maybe it would be better to treat people with equal compassion regardless of their gender.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.