1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

to marry or not to marry

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by omlove, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Wow. There really is no constructive way to reply. You could almost interchange "role" with "place". Quite feminine, not obese, never combative...jeepers. What a post...but, to each their own I always say.

chulaivet1966 likes this.
  2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Lumps in their top and no tinkle

Chunkocaster and Owenmoney like this.
  3. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

Chuckle....works for me. :)

4. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Afflicted

I don't think a year is long enough to make this kind of commitment. Hopefully, you're being responsible because bringing a child into this relationship by "accident" isn't fair to the child. If you're not sure you want to commit, than should be living in separate residences, not playing house. There's an age difference here; personally I think people should date people their own age instead of dating younger. Having a family may be important to her and it's unfair to wait around for some old guy to make up his mind. And what kind of family man and husband would you be if this is a half hearted decision on your part? My advice, go your separate ways. If she was "the one," you wouldn't be on a forum posting this....

Laura

5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I’m telling you - by and large , +/- , women and men are shockingly similar.

They both move through society reacting to (sometimes pushing against) the roles/gender paradigms of their eras.

Here’s some anecdotal evidence for you:

Of the 20 to 30 men that I locally run into ,play in a band with, and/or socialize with?

The vast majority make less than their wives. Some to a staggering degree.

It ain’t Ward Cleaver time anymore though some on this thread have already brought up “traditional gender roles” and their place in happy marriages and the “good old days.”

Poo. You can yearn for it but you’ll just end up harrumphing and wagging your finger for the rest of your time on this hot marble...

Mase, telemnemonics and william tele like this.
  6. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

Tangentially related, there are two articles in today's Washington Post about incels and such. Interesting reads.

I can think of only one couple I know that has remained together long term. In their case, over fifty years. They lived together for thirty five years before driving over to the court house in Bandera, TX to tie the knot. Bandera may be the new Las Vegas.

I have a friend who has, at last count, been married seven times. I can give him a call for whatever marital advice he can provide the forum.

Mark

7. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Afflicted

Talk to each other whenever there is tension. Cherish her.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  8. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Holic

MGToW RED PILL

blowtorch likes this.
  9. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Do all y’all MGTOW men dress like this guy?

[​IMG]

He’s wearing lipstick too, right?

Piggy Stu and middy like this.
  10. Mike Eskimo

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    middy likes this.
  11. omlove

omlove Tele-Meister

The O.P. has decided to not propose for the time being. I have read every word in the thread, it's so great to see so much wisdom, first hand experience and heartwarming advice shared. It's also amazing to see the thread generating 18 pages in one day... My other thread posted yesterday at similar time only got 3 responses, lol. Musicians may not be the best bunch to ask, but hey, Tele players are sure wise!

Perhaps as some commented on, I already talked myself out of it. If I gotta ask, then I was not ready.

Honestly I am not too surprised to see many facts or facets or aspects posted above. I try not to be a misogynist but women in general just kept pushing men in that direction, IME. So I do sympathize with MGTWO and Red Pill stuff. As a matter of fact, I started as a young innocent man, educated to be "gentleman" and "chivalrous", acting in good will, only to be stung by some playful, conniving, and more smart and more EQ opposite sex. I did not generalize but only got the lesson from my own experience. Then I learned about the PUA community and MGTWO thing, and read some books and discovered it's a more universal phenomenon present in all animal world. Books like the red queen by matt ridley and the art of seduction by robert greene are quite illuminating. I became more on the other side where guys are considered "bad". But IMHO, in today's world it is impossible to get any women's like if not adopting some "bad guy" traits and only acting in good will. Good will does not reciprocate, period. Maybe it's always so.

But I do find that perception too generalizing. I respect men and women equally, I just hate the bad traits and innate evil quality in human beings. I am man, so perhaps I tolerate this side more. I would like myself to be objective, logical and reasonable. Then I met my current woman, and she appeared to be better than most I have met. To respond to some comments, I do love her. And she would sing along with my guitar and try to learn ukulele and golf just to play with me. And to respond to some other comments, in my neck of the woods, convention is against having children without marriage. I do want kids and she loves kids. As many have noted, women's clocks are ticking at certain age and they know it. If anything, she is pushing because of that. I understand the need to get the paper - at least she could be relieved that someone is obligated to raise the kid together, mentally, physically and financially.

But I also agree with most of what you have said. I don't want to see it as a war between the two sex but in reality, the two are just different species. The most interesting part is one requires the other to reproduce, if one wants to reproduce at all.

P Thought and ladave like this.
  12. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Any article with that many scare quotes is automatically round-filed.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  13. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

Good grief.

14. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Good grief indeed. I'm going to update my advice to - please don't get married, for her sake.

Manual Slim and TelePunkJCM like this.
  15. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

You’ll know you love her if you actually care about her as much as you care about yourself. If not, don’t bother.

Manual Slim likes this.
  16. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

Go for it!
    Get married.
    You can't be happy all your life!

17. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Hey, if I insulted you earlier, it was not intentional, I really am totally in favor of women being treated as equals if that’s what they really want,however as much as I like women they are not the same in this current generation as they used to be. Many have lost their moral compass, not all by a long shot but they have been told constantly to not let men make their decisions and I agree, however parading around wearing vagina hats does nothing to build their self esteem and earn respect. Demanding the government to pay for abortions when there are many many other options if they’re going to have sex with someone they really don’t know is their problem not your, mine or the governments.
    I would love to still think women have way higher value systems than men, but I have heard how they talk with each other. My wife doesn’t have true female friends anymore because she doesn’t like how they act. She has very high values, and I totally trust her with everything in my life. It took two failed marriages before I ever met her, but I wasn’t about to let this lady slip away. I am totally and truly in love with this lady.
    To me I wish every man could find a woman like her. I know most of the guys on this forum are decent guys, and from what I see, the ones like Blowtorch really try and cared about their wives, and their children. But honestly , nobody should be put on a pedestal , we are all humans and have failings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blowtorch and chulaivet1966 like this.
  18. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

I think we all may be done here.

19. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Holic

is it not women, most of the time though?

blowtorch likes this.
  20. Mike Eskimo

You know and I know why they were wearing those hats.

How women talk with each other ?

I can think of a couple of famous guys (I wouldn’t call either of them “men”) - one about as famous as someone could be - who talked real nasty about women in general and a whole bunch of supposed morally superior people turned a blind eye/deaf ear to it.

Including many many women.

And then they proved how much they didn’t care .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.