TLDR (an English teacher's rant)

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Bulk-purchase, big bag of nuts to everyone who posts this arrogant, ignorant little snidety on anyone's post about anything.

These are the letters that will go on the flag of the Aliteracy Movement, the organization promoting the interests of people who can read and write, but who choose not to.

You want to belong to that group, fine. You choose then to stunt your own development. But why promote that stunting in others?

It's a rude, snotty comment, and it doesn't reflect well upon you, so please refrain from making it. This public service rant is brought to you on behalf of your English teacher, whoever s/he was.

posttoastie

Friend of Leo's
Got the flag ready for the letters
1656424959988.png

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I only use it in my own posts to summarize for someone who doesn't want to read my wall of text. I haven't encountered it the way you're describing.

Assume Aliteracy is meant to be ironic?

Edit: No.

Last edited:

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Rude to be rude; I refrain. Momma done tole me to shut ma tater-trap iffin ah ain't gots sumpin nice to say.

I refuse to read a block of unrelenting, disorganzed drivel, however interesting the click-bait may be...but mah suthern upbringing don't allow for rudely pointing out the defects of others...unless I'm a paid editor.

Cam

Friend of Leo's
Edited before the lock ... ... ... ... which means I've edited what I had posted because I felt it didn't contribute anything.

Last edited:

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Bulk-purchase, big bag of nuts to everyone who posts this arrogant, ignorant little snidety on anyone's post about anything.

These are the letters that will go on the flag of the Aliteracy Movement, the organization promoting the interests of people who can read and write, but who choose not to.

You want to belong to that group, fine. You choose then to stunt your own development. But why promote that stunting in others?

It's a rude, snotty comment, and it doesn't reflect well upon you, so please refrain from making it. This public service rant is brought to you on behalf of your English teacher, whoever s/he was.

TL;DR :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though. Everyone likes to be on the same level. I try to lift myself up when hanging with people who have experience in an issue that I don't.

Some people try to tear down people around them to bring them down to their level.

The TL;DR society seems to want to tear down society to short quips, so they don't have to bother learning anything. If you ask me, they are just sad.

Chances are you didn't ask though. ;)

39martind18

Friend of Leo's

I think what is truly meant by TLDR is WRIS (Won't Read, I'm Stupid).