TLAC wiring

turfdoc

Tele-Meister
I'm going to repost, as this applies to a very seldom seen tele, and I'm still hoping to find a schematic. I cannot get any sound out of the input jack, and if I jump to the inner pots I can only get a neck pickup sound. Here's several pics (I have more ) the one of the jack shows two black wires that just seemed to be twisted together (!); several are of the wiring to the blender pot (which is where I think the connection prob is)..the blender is to mix the lace and piezo pups. As I said, I can jump to get sound, but not through the active board, so its got me buffaloed. Note that I have changed, soldered, all that stuff on my old strats, teles, and such, but never done anything with an active circuit....so I'm lost. Any help or avenue to fix would be greatly appreciated. I'm many miles from the nearest big town, ie, guitar tech, so it would be some time before I road trip down to austin or san antonio. Thanks again..here's the pics..

Attachments

• tlac tele.jpg
    tlac tele.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 16
  • pot solders.jpg
    pot solders.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 15
  • pot wiring.jpg
    pot wiring.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 14
  • tele wiring.jpg
    tele wiring.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 14
  • tlac harness.jpg
    tlac harness.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 14
  • tele jack.jpg
    tele jack.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 15

tubejockey

Tele-Holic
Unless yours has some other method of applying power, there should have been a stereo jack. the battery negative would typically go to the ring of the jack which gets shorted to ground when a mono plug is inserted, same as a pedal.

turfdoc

Tele-Meister
Unless yours has some other method of applying power, there should have been a stereo jack. the battery negative would typically go to the ring of the jack which gets shorted to ground when a mono plug is inserted, same as a pedal.
yep, that's what I discovered. Easy fix once I realized someone threw a standard mono jack in there. It escaped my notice, since I would never expect someone to do that change out from the original equipment. Anyway, thanks, and that tele sounds like a dream now. Not like any other tele, granted, but beautiful in its own blend of piezo and lace.