'Tis the season for Festivities...or is it "Silliness"?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Dec 7, 2019.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

My wife is a business owner. She has been a midwife for about 22 years, and the owner of the Corpus Christi Birth Center for about 8. For years now, she's been hosting an "office" Christmas party. And for years, it has involved "dress up." (Women do like to dress up, don't they?)

Anyway, last night was the annual Christmas party. We went out to eat at a locally owned BBQ place, then after a meal and the exchange of gifts and pictures taken, we went to the Alamo Draft House movie theater to watch "Elf." BTW, I was the only one in our whole party of 10 that hadn't seen the film. It was silly and mildly entertaining, but that seemed to be the theme for the evening. Which reminds me...

Just a few pictures from last night. The theater recommended a "pajama party" type theme for the viewing of the film, and the girls got really excited about the idea of dress up, like I said. My wife really went for the silly thing, donning pajamas with a buttoned up flap for the bottom, with a hood that came equipped with its own mistletoe, and said "Kiss Me" across her chest. I, as in previous years, donned Santa attire, after a fashion... 12-06-2019 - Beth & me at Silverado, CCBC Christmas party.jpg 12-06-2019 - Bobby Hon & me at Silverado, CCBC Christmas party.jpg 12-06-2019 - CCBC Christmas party at Silverado - 1.jpg

2. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Great stuff. It's wonderful to be cheery and festive with friends and family during the holidays. It also spreads good cheer.....even on a website. :D

LGOberean and nojazzhere like this.
  3. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

That plaid hat is spectacular!

4. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

You can tell me to "clean up" my thinking, Larry, but your reference to your wife's costume, with the "buttoned up flap for the bottom" reminded me of a study I read years ago for, I believe, Victoria's Secret. They tracked how when women came in looking for a new bra, they usually asked for one that "hooked" in the front. (or back....whatever) Men, when shopping for their wives or girlfriends, asked for a bra that "un-hooked" in the front. (or back) Obviously, the situation in which the closure was encountered made a difference to women or men. ;) Sorry to drag your delightful post into the gutter. Thanks for the pics, as well.

LGOberean likes this.
  5. LGOberean

Thanks for that. I was wanting to keep things lighthearted and to spread cheer. TDPRI is good about not letting thread discussions deteriorate into wars of words, but still, Christmas cheer, and all...

Thanks. My wife found that plaid fedora for me something like a couple of years ago, I think it was, and I decided to wear it again this year. On those occasions where the rest of the outfit seems to cry out for something that makes Santa a bit more "hip," I don the fedora.

There are times where the occasion calls for or a venue will want a more traditional Santa look, in which case I don a red coat and a red stocking cap (made for me by my wife), then complete the outfit with blue jeans and boots (it is South Texas, after all)...
    12-20-2018 - Christmas gig at Garden Estates.jpg

Other times, when temperatures are fairly warm around the Christmas party time, I'll go with another T-shirt and red stocking cap. My beard partially obscures the message printed on my T-shirt. It reads, "What happens under the mistletoe STAYS under the mistletoe!" In this pic, I'm holding my wife's hand as an expression of affection. I point that out just in case some are tempted to think that this stunning woman beside me is a hostage, and I've got her by the hand as a way of keeping her from getting away. :oops:
    12-09-2018 - Beth & me, CCBC Christmas party.jpg

Skydog1010, stevemc and FenderGyrl like this.
  6. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

Enjoy family , friends , and the season of fun & joy .

LGOberean likes this.
  7. LGOberean

Actually, that button flap thing was something of a surprise. My wife bought the outfit, and it wasn't until she tried it on that she realized it wasn't just a sewed on affectation, but was really a button flap bottom. So she wore a knee length pair of pajama bottoms underneath that costume, just to be on the safe side.

As for Victoria' Secret and bra shopping, I don't know if my wife's ever been in one of those stores. I know for certain I haven't! And as for preferring a bra that unhooks in front, I don't have much preference. But that's because I'm so bad at unhooking one of those over the shoulder boulder holders that I don't bother. I'm not saying that I don't care about "unleashing the fun," but early on I realized that by the time I could get the thing undone, a lot of the mood was lost! :oops: I just let her do it and then say "Thanks for the mammaries!" :oops::twisted:

So, I'm not saying my mind is in the gutter, by I have a sudden urge to go see what the wife is doing! Later, TDPRI!

stxrus, NewKid and nojazzhere like this.
  8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Dude , is that pretty lady your hostage or - oh wait , I just finished reading the rest .

c’mon ! All your pics show what it’s all about !

except for Elf.

I recommend The Family Man.

Great holiday flick w/ some sweet and some sour.

Happy Holidays

LGOberean likes this.
  9. LGOberean

As I said, I was the only one in our party that had not seen Elf. I wasn't particularly champing at the bit to see it, but I acquiesced to the group, because that was what was showing at this particular theater, and the whole movie together/pajama party thing was what the girls (i.e., my wife and her staff) wanted. Now that I have seen Elf, well...once is probably enough. :twisted:

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  10. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Holic

For as old as you guys are, you're pretty racy! Maybe there's still hope for me.

Merry Christmas guys, this sure is a great place to hang- TP

LGOberean likes this.
  11. LGOberean

"As old as you guys are"?!? :eek: I'm like just 2 years older than you!

If a beautiful woman marries you and stays true to you for 46 years, and you still get to have some "racy" fun together once in a while, you celebrate that.

NewKid, Chunkocaster and nojazzhere like this.
  12. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Wonderful profession to in, bringing children into the world. i cut the chord on the first born and delivered our second son. Damn Dr. charged me $600 for not even being there.o_O

LGOberean likes this.
  13. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I haven't seen Elf either, :rolleyes:

I hope that's not important for understanding the underlying humour in this thread...:eek::D

LGOberean likes this.
  14. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

Great pics!
    Your wife seems pretty cool, so I'm gonna do the guilt by association thing and assume you are, too. :D
    Cheers to you and yours!

LGOberean likes this.
  15. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Not for me or mine, but looks like you all had a great time. We will be going to a Christmas party thrown by one of my clients this week and it's pretty much jackets and ties for the men and dresses for the ladies, that's more our style.

16. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Holic

Of course, as a silver hair myself I was being sarcastic. 46 years is phenomenal!! You sir, (as am I) are truly blessed- May the season bring us all peace and joy.

17. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Fun! I'm breaking out my Christmas hat today...have already worn one of my Christmas sweaters...donning the other for church today, as well.

LGOberean likes this.
  18. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Holic

it's nice to see a little christmas spirit here. the season is over all too quickly.

LGOberean likes this.
  19. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

Santa, I want a new Tele for Christmas please!

20. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

This is the first Christmasy thing i've seen. Nice pics . looks like a good time.
    I think the local grocery store has decorations up but they must have lost impact since I think they put them up as they were taking the Halloween ones down.

LGOberean likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.