Tinkering with the Pro Junior tonight

telereissue

Tele-Meister
I was redoing the speaker grille and ripped a nice sized hole in the beloved blue basket Alnico speaker that came in the amp. My wife knew my birthday was coming up and I dropped not so subtle hints (by sending her my amazon cart) and I got this speaker and routed the attenuator cables better.

Side note, for $50 this speaker soak attenuator is the bees knees for rehearsal.
20211026_192324.jpg

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I was redoing the speaker grille and ripped a nice sized hole in the beloved blue basket Alnico speaker that came in the amp. My wife knew my birthday was coming up and I dropped not so subtle hints (by sending her my amazon cart) and I got this speaker and routed the attenuator cables better.

Side note, for $50 this speaker soak attenuator is the bees knees for rehearsal. View attachment 913572

I have this same speaker (now) in my Fender Frontman 25R

It's a cheap, SS amp but has a big clean tone, plenty of gig volume ( for me) and this Legend added some midrange and efficiency lacking in tte stock spkr.

leftfoot1381

Tele-Meister
Not to hijack the thread but how do you like the attenuator with the pro junior? I am thinking of getting one to use with mine to knock a little volume off of it but still push it a bit.

cincyguitarplay

Tele-Meister
When I got my Pro Jr...I cranked it to 7 and now have a blown Alnico speaker (this was years ago)....no sound but buzzing and bad distortion...replaced it with a Eminance rajun cajun and all is good now...not the first speaker I have blown...:eek:

tattypicker

Tele-Meister
Not to hijack the thread but how do you like the attenuator with the pro junior? I am thinking of getting one to use with mine to knock a little volume off of it but still push it a bit.
An attenuator is the best thing you can do with a PJ if you were under the impression that you had bought a small amp.

MrWiggly

TDPRI Member
Yeah, I love the Eminence 1058! When I got my Victoria Ivy League that is the stock speaker in it. It sounded great but I figured one of the other premium 10" speakers I had surely would be an improvement. Well, after a couple of days of swapping in Jensens and Webers and a couple of other things I had lying around it was clear that the Emi 1058 was the hands down winner.

richey88

Friend of Leo's
Man it is amazing. My bandmates love it. You can hit it with a tubescreamer or boost and it goes into marshall territory.
Just ordered a Speaker Soak! My at-home needs had kept me from using my PJIV....sounds like just the ticket. Thanks for your input (love this 'lil amp, just too much for the living room).