Time to start expensive binge drinking

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sotakoira Musti, May 20, 2020.

1. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Holic

Long story short. Been feeling like s**t past 4-5 months. Anxiety, insomnia, lack of self esteem, you name it.

To make things better (okay, worse), it’s time to raid my private stash of whiskies. Laphroaig Cairdeas 2009-2010 and 10 yo CS (no, not THAT CS) batches 001-002, and Ardbeg 2009 Supernova. I was thinking of saving them for 1-2 decades longer, but what a heck. They’re made to be drink and enjoyed. They’re probably 300-450£/bottle today if bought from a store. So only one decent guitar down the throat.

1D12A091-CA5A-4C8F-B2C8-0E9D9AED1672.jpeg

Sláinte!

2. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Sorry about the anxiety. Lot of that going around so even if you are alone, you are not 'alone'. Nice peaty selections.

3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Sitting on those - unopened; is likely the cause of most of your issues. However not in excess please, that is an even bigger cause. Hope your issues will soon go away. You are certainly not alone in those feelings these days.

4. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Good scotch is not meant to be gulped!

Savor the hell outa that stuff! Slloooooowwwwlllllllyyyyyyyy... One sip at a time. Don't binge!

5. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

Premium whiskies are indeed made to be enjoyed, but not necked! Take it gently, savour the experience, remember we will all get through this.

demon, Paulie13 and Torren61 like this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Not a great fix for insomnia, either, but—

actually, that’s all I got. I don’t drink and can’t imagine booze worth $400 a bottle no matter how slow ya drink it.

I’ll see myself out...

TeleTown, stevemc, catdaddy and 7 others like this.
  7. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Meister

If you fancy some company...

I haven't had a Laphroaig in years. That was one of my first peat-bomb SMs. Then I spent a happy (broke) ten years trying as many more as I could find. I always liked the Islay scotches the most.

Enjoy, and cheers!

8. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

I will take a double, on the rocks, with 1/3 of coke. thank you.

9. Sotakoira Musti

If you can get yourself here, you’ll get to choose one free bottle and have it your way. Offer is available 24 hrs. Or just send me your address and I’ll post you one, then we could have a drink together via Skype or something.

Torren61 and cravenmonket like this.
  10. Sotakoira Musti

Sorry but no way. Single malt+coke=blasphemy.

11. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

You know what I always say;

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

:oops:

12. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Meister

Tell that to Keith Richards ;)

13. Sotakoira Musti

To start drinking way before 0800 hrs, my favourite!

We have a saying up here:

It’s like pissing in to your pants when it’s below freezing: It warms you up for a while, but in the end you’ll feel colder than before.

Wallaby, Frodebro, scook and 5 others like this.
  14. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Holic

Laphroig tastes like sucking on a baseball mit from the 1870's. Delicious!

Try to take it easy if you can. Your guitars need you!

naveed211, Treehouse and Torren61 like this.
  15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

BB107F53-EB13-496B-8A35-1791C377E6CA.jpeg

Treehouse likes this.
  16. Sotakoira Musti

Thanks for the effort but nah.

The guitars are probably be better without me. Can’t play **** anymore. Just put a message to my band that they should get rid of me. I’d like to see me as a bitter old man watching all the guitars and rest of the gear, thinking of all the time and money wasted, not to mention ****ed-up relationships. And then die A horrible death.

Sorry, feelin’ bit darkish today :eek:

17. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

18. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I usually keep a bottle of $35 bourbon around. Four Roses and Elijah Craig being among my favorites.

I have a buddy in another state who has developed a penchant for very expensive bourbons. I just did a two year stretch in Louisville, so I was always seeing rare bourbons in the stores. After sending a few pictures of them to my buddy in the other state.. he gave me a list of 25 bourbons to buy for him, without regard for price, if I ever saw them in a store. How much fun was that?!? I just put it on my credit card, send him a picture of the receipt, and he'd reimburse electronically.

I think I ended up finding about 8 or 10 of the bourbons he wanted... sometimes paying $250 for a bottle... sometimes paying $1000 for a bottle. I had all of it at my house in Nashville for a while, and that was fun. But I delivered all of them to him back in December. He wanted me to ship them, and just claim it as "olive oil". But that sounded ridiculous, not to mention illegal.

He opened up a bottle of Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon for us to sample. It was good. About as good as my $35 bottle of EC back home.

19. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Take advantage of this "down" time and write some songs. Dreaming up lyrics and riffs will take your mind into a sweeter spot and away from daily ills. Sipping will stretch out the enjoyment much longer and allow the full flavor to hit your palette. I have a close friend in the exact same position, and he has turned the corner and presently gaining energy off of his music writing. My two close single friends are both struggling more than us married folk right now, so I think your present experience is a relatively normal reaction.

Good luck and ride it out.

scook, rand z and Torren61 like this.
  20. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Brother, hang in there. I can’t speak for anyone else but I CAN say I’m stressed to the max lately. Things seems surreal with all the masked men wandering the streets. I can’t tell who is smiling and who is about to go postal. In fact, I can’t tell which category I’m in either. My normal day to day difficulties are magnified. The only solace I get is knowing that it won’t last forever but I have to hang on until it breaks through. I’m looking for all those little victories like hitting several green lights in a row, finding a lost Blue Chip, getting a delivery two days ahead of schedule, refinancing my house at nearly two percentage points lower interest rate and the biggest one... finding out my soul mate doesn’t have cancer. All things must pass.

OldDude2, Martian, stevemc and 4 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.