1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Time to rewire the MIJ Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by RelicStrat, Mar 11, 2004.

1. RelicStrat

RelicStrat Tele-Meister

I'm going to change out the cheap pots and switch and thought I might as well replace the wiring. Anybody tried this stuff? 22 gauge braided wire You'll have to scroll down to the 5'th product description. Is this any better than any other type of wire, or will regular old wire suffice?

thanks,
    Randy

2. 0le FUZZY

0le FUZZY Former Member

Only iffin yew want tew

<li>Cents the wiring is used in a low voltage/ low amperage application it won't make no nevermind about the type yew use.
    <li>22 is a good guage but any small stranded (solder-able) wire will werk. I suggest knott using solid wire cause it kin break.
    [​IMG]
    <font size=2>
    Still here </font size>

3. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Fuzzy is correcto. 20-22 gauge wire works fine Radio Shack has it.

Your also gonna need a new control panel plate cause the Japanese pots have smaller shafts than the CTS ones.

4. 0le FUZZY

0le FUZZY Former Member

Control plate

<li>Alst he hass ta dew iss drill them holes out fer the standard pots.
    <li>They are about a 1/4" closer on sum but still plenty of room betwixt them.
    <li>On the udder hand I haff found sum normal pots tew wide fer the cavity and hadda file the insulating materiall and/or some metal offin the edges of the pots in order tew slide them in.
    <li>The switch screw mounting cornfigger-ration may haff ta be fooled roun with a liddo also.

Good luck!!

[​IMG]
    <font size=2>
    Still here </font size>

5. RelicStrat

RelicStrat Tele-Meister

Thanks for the info guys, although it sounds like my one hour long planned project just turned into a day job.

thanks,
    Randy

6. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.