1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Time is slowing to a stand still......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Nov 30, 2020.

1. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

With these many others, John, I'm pulling for your recovery from this.

My divorce was 40-something years ago. With no kids and little property involved, it was simple compared to most divorces, but it's still about the most painful thing that's ever happened to me.

2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Thanks Andrew. I love you man. You got style.

StevesBoogie likes this.
  3. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

This is the story of an old Chinese farmer who lived many years ago. He had one old horse that he used to plough his fields.

One day, the horse ran away into the hills.
    Everyone said, “We are so sorry for your bad luck.”
    The old man replied, “Bad luck, good luck, who knows?”

A week later, the horse returned with a herd of wild horses, which now belonged to the old man.

Everyone said, “We are so happy for your good luck!” The old man replied, “Good luck, bad luck, who knows?”

While his only son was riding one of the wild horses, he fell off and broke his leg. Everyone said, “What bad luck!”
    The old man replied, “Bad luck, good luck, who knows?”

Not long after, the army came to the village, and took all the strong young men to be soldiers for the emperor.

Only the old farmer’s son was spared, because he could not fight with a broken leg. Everyone said, “What good luck!”
    The old man replied, “Good luck, bad luck, who knows?”

(The divorce may be good luck in disguise!)

4. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I was actually thinking at 3:00 today at work "I wonder how John is doing?"

Hope things went well and go well for you in the future.

Greggorios and studio1087 like this.
  5. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Meister

Sorry about what you are going through man. I have been there and back. Keep your head up as hard as it is. Easier said than done, but if you're in good health and have good support, you'll be fine. If you have children, make them feel your love for them whatever it takes. If not, be free! Life is short. I fortunately or unfortunately have learned this hard way having 3 surgeries that have saved my life. I am lucky to be typing this post right now.Tomorrow can always be better than yesterday. Stay strong, you got this. Bless you and your problems,stay healthy and Keep on pickin!!!

studio1087 likes this.
  6. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Tele-Afflicted

How are you doing?
    Don't fight it, just go thru it. Sometimes we have to trudge thru some mud to get to the beach. That beach is now closer than you think! Treat yourself, eat some steak, watch football (or whatever you enjoy) with friends, take long walks around town or on the college campus, go to the pound and volunteer to walk the dogs, etc. And learn to exchange casual friendly chat with the ladies you run into, just to be friends and nothing more. No hurry, no exdpectations, just aim to have a nice day every day. And do something kind for someone every day, no matter how small the gesture. Mocha, ice cream and dark chocolate helps gloss over things for me. Maybe find a small clean hotel in a small town an hour away and spend a few nights there now and then, sample the home grown restaurants of the area, patronize the local businesses, help people out. You'll recover, and you will come out the other end of the tunnel stronger and brighter.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Harry Styron and posttoastie like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.