1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Time is slowing to a stand still......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Nov 30, 2020.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Sorry if this is a bit personal but at 3 PM today I’m getting divorced, our settlement agreement is completely agreed-upon and it’s just a matter of formality. I have to call the judge at 3 PM, I’ll be sitting at my kitchen table which is solid cherry and Amish built and it’s a beautiful farm table. The time is now 11:30 AM and I’m all cleaned up and showered and shaved and pacing about my condo. I wish that I had a time machine and that it could be 2:55 PM but I don’t have a time machine and here I sit. I love the telecaster forum and I think that you are a great bunch of people. Sorry if this is too personal but I’m just itching waiting that the time would pass. Oh boy oh boy.You all have a fantastic day end if you care to think of me at 3 PM. God bless, John

Telecastoff1, Bill, boneyguy and 21 others like this.
  2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

John , hold in there Bud, it will pass as it should , and I agree that the hurry up and wait thing is a killer .
    I wish you all the best in this ,you got a ton of friends here if you need to talk .

3. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

A new beginning for you John ... good luck from Tennessee !

Greggorios, studio1087 and Torren61 like this.
  4. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry about your situation

May your mind be at ease afterwards, and have a new start

studio1087 and Torren61 like this.
  5. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

John, one door closes and another opens. Good luck man!

6. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

Henley, studio1087 and Torren61 like this.
  7. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Mojo, John.

Getting divorced changed my life for the better. I am happier, have way more money in the bank, and have a far more fulfilling life than I did when I was married. I hope the same for you, brother.

MickM, Colo Springs E, Henley and 6 others like this.
  8. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

When this is over...

KEEP BUSY.

Good luck!

studio1087, Mr. Lumbergh and Torren61 like this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Brother, it’s gonna be okay. I’ve been divorced and if that hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have met my soulmate. You’re gonna be fine.

10. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Sorry you are having to deal with all that.
    Possibly get you a bite of lunch, nothing greasy. No alcohol.
    Take a walk outdoors.
    Get the endorphins circulating.
    Sunshine is therapeutic.

11. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Divorce is a hard thing indeed.

BUT, may you have a wonderful new beginning in life tomorrow, and rise like a glorious Phoenix!

12. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Hang in there John. I don't think I really have any words for this and I doubt words do the trick. Thinking of you. Sounds like you have a good handle on this and I hope for you getting this far means the worst part is over and you can look forward and up from here. Prayers and thoughts.

13. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Only best wishes for you! I've been there and I know it is hard. Good thoughts and prayers!

14. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

John I don't really clearly recall you speaking about whether or not you have kids.
    I'm thinking maybe yes, but I'm not positive

If there are indeed kids involved, put them first, all the time, and everything else will fall in place for the best.

I was given that advice back when I was in your shoes, and it turned out to be the most valuable advice I got regarding divorce. Bar none

15. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

John,

Are you Pro Se, or do you have an attorney? I don't handle divorces much any more, but there was a period where it was a big part of my practice. Your hearing with the Judge today is likely to be a formality so long as you have all the necessary documents in front of the court. I have not gone through a divorce personally, for which I'm thankful, but I have had a # of clients who describe the anxiety leading up to the formal signing and the anticipation of the marriage formally ending. It is not unusual and many people feel it. Hang in there and don't let your mind and heart race. You may feel some catharsis or you may feel nothing special, I've heard both. Hang in there. The next few hours would be a good time play your Tele! I would say have a drink, but if you get on the line snockered the judge will not sign your order.

studio1087, Harry Styron and Torren61 like this.
  16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Divorce for me was a cleansing process. I always have a story, and as I've said, they are true whether they are believable of not. I secured my divorce, and my lady and I walked across the street, and got married. I was divorced, and married within a matter of minutes. I knew the second one was right, and almost fifty six years later, it's been proven.

My point is, though it seems like the end of your life as you know it, it is entirely possible that something really good awaits just around the bend. I got married too young, the first time, and realized it, and headed out on my own to correct the mistake. To boot, I married a woman older than me that knew all about the ropes of life I didn't even know existed! When I remarried it was to a woman much closer to my own age, (a few months) it was the RIGHT thing to do. NEVER live you life where you aren't the star of your own show, you can only live a life of quite desperation. I made the mistake of marrying a woman the first time, who insisted on top billing in MY life's show! I grew weary of that situation very quickly. In other words, NEVER be a bit player in your own life!

duzie, Greggorios, 8barlouie and 2 others like this.
  17. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

+1 Exactly the same for me. Chin up, @studio1087, you will get past this.

18. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Trite as it sounds, you will survive and be stronger. I have been divorced twice, had one failed engagement in the twelve years since my second divorce, and my current six-year relationship is failing--at least from all appearances. I love this woman with all my heart though, and time will tell I hope.

The main thing is, take care of yourself and any children first. As Blowtorch said, everything else will eventually follow. It's not easy, but it is possible. We're all pulling for you John; just keep that in mind.

Greggorios, 8barlouie and studio1087 like this.
  19. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

20. Headless Axeman

Headless Axeman Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Ditto on this. Take your time and grieve the end of your marriage, even if you're glad to see it ending. Work on yourself, play a lot of guitar, and know that better things are coming.

rand z likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.