1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tim Minchin - White Wine in the Sun

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by richiek65, Apr 13, 2021.

1. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

My first exposure to Tim Minchin was this song. When I caught his visual appearance, I thought "who's this dropout?" but by the end of the song I was a mess. Judging a book by its cover is always dangerous!

Even if you don't agree with what he sings of in the first half, the turn it then takes must surely have almost universal backing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    trev333 likes this.
  2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Ah yes, Xmas in the sun..... full summer holidays, sitting on the beach and eating cold watermelon. the days of beer and prawns on the bbq... white wine in the sun.. :)

While those in the northern lands are looking out at snow....

those story books we read as kids about xmas with the neat pointy trees, making snowmen, sledding, everything all pure and white..... was just too unbelievable for me, when outside was blazing sun and the bitumen was melting ........:lol:

richiek65 likes this.
  3. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

I've had the privilege of doing just that around Xmas. Terrigal Beach with a bottle or two of cleanskin white.

My first thought upon reading the thread's title was that it would be about different ways to keep your white cold on a hot day. That probably says more about me than anything else...

richiek65 and trev333 like this.
  4. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Fine song, by the way!

richiek65 likes this.
  5. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

After I put the post up, I thought I should have mentioned that the song has very little to do with actual white wine in the sun!

kookaburra likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.