1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tilting at the facebook scamming windmills.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by John Backlund, Mar 4, 2021.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Oh, I know it's futile, but I keep after these bastard scamming thieves that facebook turns a never-ending blind eye to.

Today's 'calling out' involves an art print seller, one who truthfully, literally changes their 'company name' daily in order to keep on fooling it's intended victims, and probably to help dodge the rightful art copyright owner's lawyers from legally cornering them, though they are almost certainly operating out of some legally inaccessible foreign location. Facebook will do NOTHING about even the most obvious thievery committed on these pirates. These crooks have been operating openly on facebook for years now.

Screenshot_20210304-123523~2.png

Screenshot_20210304-123554~2.png

Screenshot_20210304-123607~2.png

Screenshot_20200909-073154~2.png

Screenshot_20200909-073027~2.png

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm sorry, but do you see a face in the duffle tied on the back of the bike the wonderful lady is sitting sidesaddle on? At times there appear to be TWO faces. Is this some sort of hidden mystery painting that people often talk about bikers being involved in? Can any permanent harm come from studying counterfeit paintings posted on the internet? If you ride a real old bike and the leather seat is coming apart, and you get a stain on you pants, will anyone believe it was not a self inflicted gas release gone bad? These painting can just set you on a rollercoaster of mind adventures!

boredguy6060 and John Backlund like this.
  3. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

Professionals, stealing sweat and identity, changing meanings, pitting neighbor against memory, blurry in the glass of big tech.

4. loopfinding

loopfinding Friend of Leo's

He shouldn’t take the Uhl stuff. It’s still green.

But Mann has been gone for 17 years. Does that make it legal? No, of course not. But anything past the original term of 14 years in the copyright act of 1790 has just been abuse of the courts/law IMHO. I’m not particularly going to shed a tear.

5. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Copyright changed some time ago. The 1790 Copyright act no longer applies.

How Long Does Copyright Protection Last?

The term of copyright for a particular work depends on several factors, including whether it has been published, and, if so, the date of first publication. As a general rule, for works created after January 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years.

chapter 3 of the Copyright Act (title 17 of the United States Code). More information on the term of copyright can be found in Circular 15a, Duration of Copyright, and Circular 1, Copyright Basics.

Circular 15, Renewal of Copyright, and Circular 15a, Duration of Copyright.

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

I wonder if publishing on TDPRI counts?

Asking for a fellow member who is an artist, designs guitars and rides motorcycles.:D

boredguy6060 likes this.
  7. John Backlund

Could you be more specific, I'm even slower than usual tonight.

Obsessed likes this.
  8. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Well, without mentioning specifics, I have seen some awesome sketches posted here on TDPRI (kind of retro/futuristic in style;)) and just wonder if that counts as "publishing" from a copyright perspective.

9. John Backlund

I have no idea actually, though my intent wasn't to, technically, 'publish' anything. Regardless, I'll have my legal team check into that for a clarification on the matter.

Obsessed likes this.
  10. loopfinding

loopfinding Friend of Leo's

Yes, I know that. The general term was first changed in 1976 to 50 years plus the life of the author. And then in 1998 to 70 years plus the life of the author. By contrast, a utility patent is 20 years or a design patent is 14 years. The absurdly long terms of copyright laws aren’t to protect artists, they are just provisions that have been lobbied for by rights holders with a lot of weight to throw around to monopolize licensing indefinitely.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.