tiktok toilet

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I am 67.There are many things many of us have in common. But the one thing well ALL have in common,(unless you are in a third world area) is the toilet. AS a child, you can't read, so back in the day, why would a child hang on a toilet? .Kid does their biz and off to play. By the time I could read, we had Readers digest and by the time I was 12 years old, I wanted more instead of hokey stories, so, Newsweek/Time, etc were around. In the late 60's a super stylish thing to do would be installing a phone in the bathroom with a longer cord. A large bath may of had a 9" tv across the bath tub. Today, we have the tablet & or your cell and your connected to the word, or just your Mom in Cincinnati. And so far, I think tiktok is interesting truthful to extreme misinformation. Entertaining, positive lessons, & some very dark stupid clips. Frighteningly powerful it is. Sure, talk on the phone, check stocks, read an article, but tiktok is there and too easy. It is one of the births of the computer age. I am just wondering, is it really good? Or really bad?

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
I am 67.There are many things many of us have in common. But the one thing well ALL have in common,(unless you are in a third world area) is the toilet. AS a child, you can't read, so back in the day, why would a child hang on a toilet? .Kid does their biz and off to play. By the time I could read, we had Readers digest and by the time I was 12 years old, I wanted more instead of hokey stories, so, Newsweek/Time, etc were around. In the late 60's a super stylish thing to do would be installing a phone in the bathroom with a longer cord. A large bath may of had a 9" tv across the bath tub. Today, we have the tablet & or your cell and your connected to the word, or just your Mom in Cincinnati. And so far, I think tiktok is interesting truthful to extreme misinformation. Entertaining, positive lessons, & some very dark stupid clips. Frighteningly powerful it is. Sure, talk on the phone, check stocks, read an article, but tiktok is there and too easy. It is one of the births of the computer age. I am just wondering, is it really good? Or really bad?
Perhaps the ultimate problem is the terlit.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've never been on TikTok, so I can't comment to that. I have magazines, a wall phone (land line) and Macbook Air (laptop) by my toilet. TDPRI is the closest thing to social media I get to. But then....I'm old. ;)

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
TikTok, really?
Is this what TDPRI John would do?

Funny, I still have a copy of "Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader"
Short stories, jokes, fun facts.
Perfect for the job.

Honestly, I am not sure I have ever seen a tiktok video.
I just checked. An old copy of Newsweek, check. Tapeop, check. Guitar world, check. And more. I need to clear some out.
When I get done.
Soon.
Where is that magic 8-ball when I need it anyway?

Last edited:

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
explodingtoilet500.gif

NeverTooLate

Tele-Meister

This is a great question, well worth some serious research. On a Saturday morning, I will say this:

The Digital Revolution made the kind of stuff that has always been around:
1/ Quick to create/modify/repackage etc
2/ Ultra fast to catch on fire on a global scale (vs a few villages, towns, a region).

The kind of crap that would have been more confined as recently as the 1990s, is now everywhere in minutes.

The consequences are all over the world and the impact on our lives is enormous. We are now swinging very largely and very quickly on all sorts of subjects. Hard to plan for anything anymore, longer term.

It is an intellectual wild west on steroids. But blaming the tech itself would be an excuse.

The fundamental problem as I see it is the failure to teach people to think for themselves, instead of preaching to people this or that ideological position/getting caught up in politics all the time. Which brings up very tough questions about pretty much everything.

On a brighter note, just bought my first Tele an hour ago (from Cream City in WI so hope will arrive in a few days) :)
I was looking at a Player Plus from Rainbow Guitars in Tucson, but this was better priced and I am familiar with Cream City from youtube.

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
I generally don't enter the bathroom until it's time to go. I go and get out. No lollygagging or magazines. Definitely don't take me phone or laptop in there. Heard to many stories about people dropping their phones in doody water. Nah. Just wait until your ready to take care of business.

Knows3Chords

Tele-Afflicted
I generally don't enter the bathroom until it's time to go. I go and get out. No lollygagging or magazines. Definitely don't take me phone or laptop in there. Heard to many stories about people dropping their phones in doody water. Nah. Just wait until your ready to take care of business.
Years ago I saw a really drunk guy drop his smart phone into a urinal in this dive bar I was at. There was a second of stunned disbelief, but then he yelled "ten second rule" and pulled it out. He gave it a quick rinse, and was on his way. Public bathroom's are a no phone zone for me. Home games, maybe. :)

My brother who is rebuilding an old race car just sent me this today.

IMG_8009.jpg