Tiger did it!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Colo Springs E, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've stated on here before I never thought he would win another major.

bcorig, Stubee, Greggorios and 4 others like this.
  2. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Afflicted

What an amazing feat, almost eleven years of a drought. Big fan of Tiger! Cheers to him :D

Blue Bill, Toto'sDad, ce24 and 5 others like this.
  3. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Great to see that celebration with his family!
    What a final day at the Masters!

4. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

What kind of Telecaster did he Win?

5. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

History made today. Maybe the greatest sports comeback of all time.

6. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

Enjoyed it !!! Hope he wins a lot & dominates again

7. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Afflicted

That would be awesome, considering he is forty-three years of age. He’ll show them young guns how it’s done.

8. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

A green one … Congratulations Tiger :)

9. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

I was happy to see him win but was hoping for more drama so I wish Koepka didn't blow that birdie putt on 18. Guessing Tiger's shadow had something to do with that.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  10. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

I understand the historical aspect to this and I realize that there are many loyal fans out there, but I for one will not be celebrating....the guy is a jerk. Let's consider for the moment his history off the greens. His years of cheating on his wife, his taking endorsement money from Buick but refusing to play in their sponsored tournament, and especially the fact that he was also a user of the same performance enhancing "clear" that Barry Bonds was using. I find it amazing how easy it is for people to buy the Nike created image of this guy when the reality is anything but.

A great golfer, accomplished a historical feat (likely helped along the way with the PED usage), but I am not about to gush over him.

stxrus and Chip like this.
  11. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Me too. It’s a remarkable comeback. I’m delighted for him and his family.

I’m also delighted by the early start time. It normally finishes at 12-midnight UK time and it typically clashes with a 5am start the next day, so I’m happy.

I do have a 5am start though!

:) Peter

Greggorios and Colo Springs E like this.
  12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Fun to watch. Pretty close until the last few holes. He was really focused.

Greggorios and Shuster like this.
  13. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

Great spectacle. Not a Tiger fanatic, but like seeing folks overcome adversity. Oldest Masters winner since Nicklaus. And it was a convincing win, not without troubled shots himself. I had to think though, the doubt starting creeping into the younger players after Amens, "Its Tiger the superhuman, staying with us. He's back, and I can't win." LOL, great accomplishment for him, and all folks who've made mistakes, suffered health issues, and reached the middle years. What's not to love about it?

Greggorios and MattyK-USA like this.
  14. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, that was awesome!
    He was definitely "in the zone" on that last round.

15. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

I have quietly hoped for him to succeed. Yay for today ! And I hope he can stick with it. If he can stick it out he will become for me what he was lauded as by so many people for so many years. If. But I will be quietly pulling for him the whole way!

16. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Settle down Jim Nantz ( sorry but I just watched the coverage and was reminded of what a poster boy he was for the old white golf establishment and their breathless coverage of him back in the day.)

As a current nightmarish-back sufferer , I agree it is a remarkable achievement .

There are however a couple World Series victories that spring to mind when someone says greatest comeback in history.

Very glad to see him win though .

And as always , The golf wives and especially girlfriends entertain. Sorry once again, I was watching with my razor-tongued wife.

17. alathIN

alathIN Tele-Holic

I got curious because I hadn't heard this accusation, so I went looking for credible evidence, or even credible sources alleging this, and I couldn't find anything close to what you are saying.

What I did find: There was about a one year period in 2008-09 when Tiger was not playing, recovering from an injury, that he was treated by two Canadian doctors one of whom also treated Alex Rodriguez. From what I can tell, the Rodriguez-linked doctor was mostly known for treatments with platelet-rich plasma, which was unproven but not illegal or recognized as a PED. PRP was touted as a way to accelerate healing. The doctor was later accused of trying to bring HGH into the US. HGH is a PED, but there's no evidence this is what he gave Woods. Woods' treatment by this guy was mentioned in a book on PEDs without any allegation that Woods was one of the clients who received HGH.
    A journeyman golfer named Dan Olsen claimed in 2015 that Tiger was serving a 1 month suspension for PED use from the PGA. The PGA denies this, and an unannounced one-month suspension is not consistent with the PGA's PED policies. Olsen wasn't close to Tiger, didn't have any particular access to PGA insider info, and later retracted his accusation saying it was just an opinion.
    Sources close to Tiger - including disaffected former caddies, swing coaches, etc., who have dished other negative things about Tiger - have uniformly said they don't think he used PEDs. One said he does a lot of weight lifting, which he thinks is detrimental to his game - but specifically said he didn't think he was using PEDs.

From what I could find, all these vague guilt-by-association / guilt-by-implausible accusation - rumors swirled around during Tiger's "injury phase," not the earlier era of his career when he was dominant. In other words, I haven't seen even the ghost of a rumor that his dominant performances were due to PEDs - the ghosts of rumors appear to center around the time he was trying to come back from injury.

It's not at all implausible that Tiger would have tried quack treatments or PEDs when it looked like his career was over due to injuries. Lots of high profile athletes have used PEDs and I would not be shocked if there was evidence that Tiger was one of them - if you know of such evidence, please share the source.

18. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

Red Sox coming back from an 0-3 deficit in 2004 ALCS is a greater comeback. I gave the Red Sox no shot to win that series let alone be in The World Series whereas I figured Tiger was capable of winning another major. Lebron leading Cavs to win 2016 Finals when down 3-1 vs Warriors was a greater comeback as well.

19. MattyK-USA

No way, guys. This is a way bigger comeback. The ones you're citing are just series that were played by athletes at the top of their respective games.

Consider that in the past five years, Tiger got to the point that he couldn't get out of a chair, and had to go through spinal fusion surgery just to be able to walk. To get from that to winning the biggest Major in golf is unprecedented.

By the way, Nantz drives me crazy too.

Jupiter, Greggorios, Shuster and 3 others like this.
  20. MattyK-USA

Also by the way, Steph Curry agrees with me. So there's that, I guess :)

scrimmer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.