Tie me to a hog, and roll me in the mud...

EMan

Tele-Holic
Muddy Waters Tele, that is. Some of you may recall from another post that due to a ebay auction gone bad, a seller offered me that guitar for $435 shipped!

It's supposed to be bought brand new last Nov, set up at the dealer (Richmond Music Center. VA), and comes with a Fender molded HSC ...! Claims that the only issue with the guitar what-so-ever is the pickguard condom has been peeled off.

Looks like I'm gonna have me a new Tele is a week or so!

Jack Wells

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
i never trust those "second chance" offerings from E-Bay if that's what you are talking about

Well ................. if the second chance offer shows up in your Ebay Message Inbox it's can be considered ligit. Your second chance offer should direct you to an Ebay auction page for the item with a Buy It Now price of your hightest bid with a time limit like 48 hours to reply. You should have all the protection of any Ebay auction you win normally.

If you just receive an e-mail and the same message is not in your Ebay Message Inbox .......... leave it alone.

What I don't like about second chance offers is they take your highest bid. Let's say you were the second highest bidder and the top bidder backs out. Let's say your high bid was $500 and the winning bidder's bid was $510. Lets say the third bidder's high bid was $400. If the high bidder hadn't bid, you would have won for $405......... but with the second chance, you must pay $500.

This is a situation ripe for fraud with the use of shill bidders.

Sarge

Friend of Leo's
You sure are gonna like that tele. The Muddy is one tele that I really couldn't do with out...it just oozes blues, soul and tone.

Twang Tone

Friend of Leo's
Sounds like a score to me...

Let us know what she sounds and plays like. I want one of the Custom Shop MW Teles from 2000....

woodman

Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed
Gold Supporter
Fatmanstratman said:
"Tie me to a hog, and roll me in the mud... "??????

EMan, have you considered seeing your analyst?.....;)

that's Texas talk, but definitely not of the Southfork Ranch variety!

EMan

Tele-Holic
I think I heard that phrase on Hee-Haw one time... LOL

Here's the skinny - I bid on the thing on ebay. Lost the auction to a sniper. Sniper turned out to be from Nigeria, and the seller wasn't shipping internationally, and he voided the auction (I got a ebay notice of that).

The seller offered the guitar to some other bidder by re-listing it with a BIN. The buyer BIN'd it, and then bailed on the deal.

That's when I got the offer to buy, off-line.

It's a little on the shakey side..but for that price, I'm takin' a chance. I'll certainly report back with either a review, or numerous nasty words about internet purchases .. :)

Bones

Telefied
Ad Free Member
EMan said:
I think I heard that phrase on Hee-Haw one time... LOL

Here's the skinny - I bid on the thing on ebay. Lost the auction to a sniper. Sniper turned out to be from Nigeria, and the seller wasn't shipping internationally, and he voided the auction (I got a ebay notice of that).

The seller offered the guitar to some other bidder by re-listing it with a BIN. The buyer BIN'd it, and then bailed on the deal.

That's when I got the offer to buy, off-line.

It's a little on the shakey side..but for that price, I'm takin' a chance. I'll certainly report back with either a review, or numerous nasty words about internet purchases .. :)

Well, i wish you could luck then, never heard a bad word about the MW Tele.

the only "off-line" E-Bay deal i ever did was for a noacaster case, i knew i was going to pay the guy and he was letting me pick it up at his house, so i figured i was either going to get what i was paying for or i was going to get jacked in his driveway for $200.00 :lol: