TicketMaster and LA Rams BLOCKING ticket sales for next week's potential game to out of town buyers!

AmpHandle

Tele-Meister
Football is a sport made for TV forget trying to go in person I gaurantee it's a waste of your dollars.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Football is a sport made for TV forget trying to go in person I gaurantee it's a waste of your dollars.
I agree, but some folks enjoy going to have the experience, and there's nothing wrong with that. I've been there and done that, and rather watch it on TV these days. Especially if the game turns out to be a stinker 😁

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Local news says the cheap seats at SoFi for next weekend's game are $675 per seat. Add to that parking, the hassle of driving up there, $20 per beer, or whatever they charge. It's at the point where the only people that go are those that get free tickets through their corporate ties.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Local news says the cheap seats at SoFi for next weekend's game are $675 per seat. Add to that parking, the hassle of driving up there, $20 per beer, or whatever they charge. It's at the point where the only people that go are those that get free tickets through their corporate ties.
900 a piece with fees. One of my friends was one of the electrical contractors on So Fi, so for a fair price, we can go! some of you haven't been to a game recently. If you have decent seats and with the video stuff.. it is a fantastic experience!

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
900 a piece with fees. One of my friends was one of the electrical contractors on So Fi, so for a fair price, we can go! some of you haven't been to a game recently. If you have decent seats and with the video stuff.. it is a fantastic experience!
I'll take your word for it, but I'm seriously not interested. However I do appreciate that you guys go and pay all that money, so I can hear people cheering when good things happen. Otherwise they would have to pay to insert some kind of "cheer track" 😁

SacDAve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
They should move the game to another city maybe Santa Clara........ nothing like a home team win. :D

Bryan A

Tele-Holic
Have they explicitly said that fans of other teams is the reason they won’t sell to out of towners? Because I imagine the much more plausible reason is the extreme authoritarian rules of the city of Los Angeles couple with the unspeakable C-word. Ticketmaster probably doesn’t want to be on the hook legally for thousands of out of staters coming in who can’t pass LA’s stringent C-word policies. They probably feel that with a state as heavily populated as California, they can sell only in-state and still sellout.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member

In a 3.5 hour game the ball is only in play about 10 minutes! That's a LOT of waiting for something to happen and MUCH worse live! Sure if you're REALLY into it your watching substitutions and formations etc...armchair coaching you'll be more involved but

Imagine going to a concert where the band took 3 minutes between each song and just stood there waiting...

Last live football game I went to was UTEP v Texas Tech. It was a drag waiting around for TV commercials to end! Players would be on the field and lined up but have to wait a minute or 2 for the TV audience to return. I swear some breaks were 5 minutes with the teams lined up and ref standing over the ball!

LAST NFL game I went to was San Diego Chargers v NY Jets late 1970s or early 80s. I think Chargers scored somehow and went up by 2 points with like 10 seconds left. They kicked off and Jets fumbled the ball...game over! Nope! It was a TV break and despite it being a legit play it had to be done over. 2nd try Jets ran it back to FG range, connected and won! No one noticed a ref trying to stop it and it proceeded as a legit play. Other refs were unaware and called it as it happened. Point being it's a game tailored for TV and rules even for TV.

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Ha! The Rams and Ticketmaster are blocking fans from other cities from buying tickets to a potential game next week against the 49ers. We went to buy some tix and we got a notice that they would not be processed due to being from out of town. The last few games the Rams have played at So Fi against the 49ers, there have been a LOT of 49er fans at the games, to the degree that Matt Stafford's wife said it was 'an issue'....

I'm hoping TB12 launches a comeback. The Rams are pitiful.
It's really pathetic when teams resort to this, IMO. The Washington Capitals pulled this same maneuver around a decade ago, to keep Penguins fans out of their barn. Here's hoping the Rams fail to sell out and miss out on some revenue.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Have they explicitly said that fans of other teams is the reason they won’t sell to out of towners? Because I imagine the much more plausible reason is the extreme authoritarian rules of the city of Los Angeles couple with the unspeakable C-word. Ticketmaster probably doesn’t want to be on the hook legally for thousands of out of staters coming in who can’t pass LA’s stringent C-word policies. They probably feel that with a state as heavily populated as California, they can sell only in-state and still sellout.
nope. it has zero to do with pan rules. not a thing.

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
They probably feel that with a state as heavily populated as California, they can sell only in-state and still sellout.
The out-of-towners they are refusing would be largely in-state. At least, last I checked, San Francisco was still in California. :cool:

Bryan A

Tele-Holic
The out-of-towners they are refusing would be largely in-state. At least, last I checked, San Francisco was still in California. :cool:

Again, is this something that has been explicitly stated? I would imagine the NFL would have rules about one franchise barring fans of another franchise. They are a money making business above all else.

At the same time, it wouldn’t be the first time the NFL has done everything possible to help LA (huge tv market) win…they made the Super Bowl a few years ago solely because 2 refs stood 5 yards away and watched an LA defender commit the most blatant Pass Interference ever against a Saints receiver on the Rams 10 yard line. That was the most obvious rigged sporting event I’ve ever witnessed.

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic

This is a big reason why. Apparently, 49er fans are faithful and travel well. I love and am a big NCAA Football fan and don't really follow the NFL as closely. But, I like the tough, "grind it out" football the 49er team is playing with. Like them or not, they have guts. The Rams better be ready, they are about to get hit in the mouth. Let us see what happens then.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Again, is this something that has been explicitly stated? I would imagine the NFL would have rules about one franchise barring fans of another franchise. They are a money making business above all else.

At the same time, it wouldn’t be the first time the NFL has done everything possible to help LA (huge tv market) win…they made the Super Bowl a few years ago solely because 2 refs stood 5 yards away and watched an LA defender commit the most blatant Pass Interference ever against a Saints receiver on the Rams 10 yard line. That was the most obvious rigged sporting event I’ve ever witnessed.
You'd be wrong. the seahawks did it to the niners a few years ago (before they got caught pumping noise into their stadium too)

it is 'legal' but lame and to be both pitied and roasted.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

This is a big reason why. Apparently, 49er fans are faithful and travel well. I love and am a big NCAA Football fan and don't really follow the NFL as closely. But, I like the tough, "grind it out" football the 49er team is playing with. Like them or not, they have guts. The Rams better be ready, they are about to get hit in the mouth. Let us see what happens then.

Hey, when it is a 3 hour commute to go 30 miles to work every day, what's a 6 hour commute on the weekend for a game? :lol:

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
In a 3.5 hour game the ball is only in play about 10 minutes! That's a LOT of waiting for something to happen and MUCH worse live! Sure if you're REALLY into it your watching substitutions and formations etc...armchair coaching you'll be more involved but

Imagine going to a concert where the band took 3 minutes between each song and just stood there waiting...

Last live football game I went to was UTEP v Texas Tech. It was a drag waiting around for TV commercials to end! Players would be on the field and lined up but have to wait a minute or 2 for the TV audience to return. I swear some breaks were 5 minutes with the teams lined up and ref standing over the ball!

LAST NFL game I went to was San Diego Chargers v NY Jets late 1970s or early 80s. I think Chargers scored somehow and went up by 2 points with like 10 seconds left. They kicked off and Jets fumbled the ball...game over! Nope! It was a TV break and despite it being a legit play it had to be done over. 2nd try Jets ran it back to FG range, connected and won! No one noticed a ref trying to stop it and it proceeded as a legit play. Other refs were unaware and called it as it happened. Point being it's a game tailored for TV and rules even for TV.
I've only been to one NFL game. It was a 49ers game at Candle Stick Park, circa 1983-84. My impression way back then was that it was better viewed on TV

In recent years, I've gone to several UCLA games at the Rose Bowl. (I didn't go to a single game of any sort when I was a student there.) One of them was UCLA vs. USC, the local big game. At the Rose Bowl, most everybody has to park far, far away on a golf course. Making that walk for the UCLA-USC game felt like storming the beach at Normandy -- people shouting "Fight on!" or "U-C-L-A!," heavy tailgating, the full spectrum of drunkenness, sorority girls puking, taunting, palpable tension. The restroom experience was equally intense.

Bryan A

Tele-Holic
I've only been to one NFL game. It was a 49ers game at Candle Stick Park, circa 1983-84. My impression way back then was that it was better viewed on TV

In recent years, I've gone to several UCLA games at the Rose Bowl. (I didn't go to a single game of any sort when I was a student there.) One of them was UCLA vs. USC, the local big game. At the Rose Bowl, most everybody has to park far, far away on a golf course. Making that walk for the UCLA-USC game felt like storming the beach at Normandy -- people shouting "Fight on!" or "U-C-L-A!," heavy tailgating, the full spectrum of drunkenness, sorority girls puking, taunting, palpable tension. The restroom experience was equally intense.

I’ve attended 2 Carolina Panthers games and enjoyed the Gameday experience both times. Not something I’d do 8x per year every year though.

I’ve also been to more Carolina Gamecocks and Coastal Carolina Chants games than I can remember and those are a blast too, just different imo. NFL games are about “the show” and college games are about the tailgating and the unbelievably hot girls.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I think going to an NFL game at Lambeau would be just a mind blowingly awesome experience. I love the Green Bay fans who DIVE IN to deal with the weather and root like crazy. I see that same kind of fan base in Buffalo and Kansas City too. (I know lots of other cities too) The Lambeau thing would be about being at that place.

For watching a game and seeing the game, the new stadiums are really good. Levi Stadium has great sight lines (you can see the game) and great video boards for replays and life action like you see on tv. The downside--> drunk people. I am definitely not one of them. I don't mind the parking, I don't mind the food and beer lines, the bathroom solutions at the new stadiums is WAY better.

The brand new, really great stadia like SOFI and Allegiant are even better. Just full, great experiences for a fan, great sight lines, incredible screens and information. Also, nobody just sticks you with a bad hot dog and a warm beer, stadium food is generally really good now.

NFL is expensive, but nothing compared to going to a Warriors game. It is 500.00 a seat when they play the kings and a couple thousand a seat when Lebron or Kevin come to town.

Having gone to LOTS of playoff and world series games, I'd say that the live experience is much greater than just tv.

Having said that, a friend of mine just offered me a small fortune for my tix... I am weighing the options! (a Gallagher or D18 would be fun)