TICKET PRICES TO SEE THE BOSS IN 2023.

THX1123

Tele-Afflicted
Looks like he's only playing 2 shows in the UK.

Looks like $175 - $8K for the US shows. If you want to see him at MSG in NYC tickets start at $586.

mark64

TDPRI Member
That is pretty sad. The trend seems to be that much of "live" entertainment prices have soared past what most people can afford. Be it big name musicians, all of pro sports, etc. Most tickets are bought up in bulk, to give away to employees, etc.
Also, no disrespect to Springsteen fans and artists of his ilk, but £450? Insane. I just paid $38.00 for a general admission show, featuring the last living elder statesman of the blues, Buddy Guy, and Kenny Wayne Shephard, and Kingfish Ingraham are opening. I will take Buddy Guy over any person who thinks they are worth £450 a pop any day. But only my opinion.
Thats a much better show than Springsteen! I saw Kingfish Ingram in March and he is worth that price alone. Enjoy!

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
Looks like he's only playing 2 shows in the UK.

Looks like $175 - $8K for the US shows. If you want to see him at MSG in NYC tickets start at $586.

vomit-jim-carrey.gif

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
Haven't been to a concert in over 30 years. None of them are worth the money. I can get a CD of any band in the bargain bin for 3-5 dollars and save my hard earned money for something worthwhile.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
The last stadium show I saw, I couldn't even tell what song they were playing the sound was so bad.

$450? You couldn't PAY me that to go see an artist I actually cared for- Even dragging me kicking and screaming.

It's a strong no for me.

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
Paid 9.50 to see Led Zeppelin screw this.
I did pay $400 for 2 Roger Waters The Wall tour tickets. Only because I missed the 1980 show and all my buddies went.....
But $450 to go hear born to run....
We can do it for free....lol

john_cribbin

Friend of Leo's

KokoTele

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Presale for verified fans happened for my venue this morning. There are so many people buying tickets that I was watching the dynamic pricing in action. Every time I viewed a section, prices would change. It's a 35,000 seat venue, and 2 tickets in the center section of the balcony were $1k each. Single tickets in that section were $100.

Cloodie

Tele-Meister
Funnily enough I had a look at ticket prices for the Edinburgh gig yesterday. I'm not really into big outdoor gigs but everyone who's seen the Boss seems to be impressed by him so I thought about going. Just over £1300 for 2 tickets made my mind up that I will in fact not be going. Most I've ever paid for a gig was £45 to see Neil Young about ten years ago.

Gevalt

Tele-Meister
He's made great music, but after I heard he never once had a job, in his life, the contradiction made me gag. I don't see the appeal.

slauson slim

Poster Extraordinaire
Does the artist benefit from the dynamic pricing? Getting all or part of above face value price? As above, TM and artists figured out that if scalpers could get big bucks, then jack up ticket prices.

For big stadium concerts, which party takes the risk? The artist? Or does a promoter pay a flat fee to the artist?

I am spending $25 to see Dream Syndicate in a club this week. Bought the tic direct from the venue via phone, skipping the ticket service add on fees.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Tickets to see Bruce Springsteen for his show at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh on May 30th 2023 went on sale yesterday.

I rarely go to stadium gigs but I enjoyed his gig at Hampden Stadium in Glasgow back in 2014, I was looking forward to going. The last time I saw him I was with my close friend and while we were talking last week when he came for a visit on holiday, he said it's about time he got as many gigs in as possible given he'll be 83 next year.
I'm actually jealous that he was heading home the following day to meet up with Peggy Seeger (an old friend of his from the 60s folk scene) who was playing at a festival 3 miles from my house while I'd be 200 miles away on holiday.

Anyways, I went online yesterday to buy 2 tickets.
The cheapest seats available are around £450 EACH!!!

There's no chance either of us can afford that.

So much for Blue Collar Rock and Roll.
On another gear page, someone had mentioned people were forking over up to $4500 per ticket. I like Bruce but I wouldn't even pay that for a private living room performance, even if I could.

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
My wife's friend asked if she would like to see Jackson Browne at Red Rocks this fall. I just checked prices. $316-$1200. Sheesh.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Ticketing for any type of major event is a mystery to me. There are times over the years I have tried to buy tix for something and it seemed like every seat in the house was available for sale on the secondary market (at a huge markup, of course). It has made me wonder:
a) so basically modern-day "scalpers" are somehow buying every seat? How do they accomplish this and why do venues not do more to prevent it?
and (b) are there really are that many people out there willing to spend so much more than box office face-value? (which is pretty friggin high to begin with)

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The days of spending more than $100 to see a show are long gone for me. Especially for a nostalgia act whose prime was 40 or 50 years ago. I don't mean that as a knock against Springsteen. I mean it more generically, across the board. These days it seems like ANY act from the 70s or 80s who had more than 1 song ever on the radio is able to mount a stadium/arena tour and people will pay any price.