TICKET PRICES TO SEE THE BOSS IN 2023.

jtcnj

Tele-Holic
I'm done with the big name / big venue shows and expensive tickets.
We had to do The Stones as a bucket list thing in 2017, great day out with our Uncle Doug before C$#id took him.

Saw Gordon Lightfoot Monday in a small venue. Real nice day out for the wife and me.
Sure, he's not The Boss, but at $70 total price each ticket, reasonable.

I'm not a big Springsteen music fan myself, but cool if you dig it.

I know a couple guys who did construction / renovation work on his house. Said he is real down to earth and a nice guy.

Same guys said Bon Jovi was an arrogant jerk. Made them stop working because the noise was distracting him.

saltyseadog

Tele-Holic
Being a fan of Jason Isbell +the 400 Unit I booked my tickets late last year for me and the wife to see them at the Manchester Apollo here in the UK in November for £34 each. I grew up with Bruce and the E St. Band but be honest they aren't the force they were in 1975-1985. I think the people who pay these ticket prices couldn't tell you more than a couple of his song titles it is all about the event for them.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
I think the philosophy is that if the artist and the venue don't gouge the customer, the scalpers will.

I saw the Stones in 2019 and 2021 and enjoyed it immensely. I was also very happy to give my children the opportunity to see them, with Mick still in peak form. That said, I can't tell you how much it cost me, but it cost me a lot. Once I paid for the tickets, it was my responsibility to optimize my enjoyment of the event, and memory holing how much I spent was an important part of my strategy.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Too much to see anyone let alone some guy who sings songs with the same 4 words over & over.
And what are the 4 words that make up that secret sauce?
BTW the only place I'd go to see Bruce is in a 1500 seat theater for no more than $100. This means I'm never gonna' see him live. (also never have)

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Here is a different point of view and you probably won't like this perspective. I have two PSLs (personal seat license) in Sofi Stadium Los Angeles. I bought them as an investment and business deal.

Before other events go on sale they offer tickets to the season ticket holders the day before they go on sale to the public. So as a PSL holder I am sent an email telling me what day and time I can get on and buy tickets say for a Springsteen concert as an example. Any of my tickets are handled by TM. Most often I am allowed to buy up to 6 tickets. I go online and purchase tickets and immediately put them up for sale at the "TM recommended" price. They extract the money from my bank account registered online with TM.

When they sell I am sent a notice of sale and withing 7 days a bank deposit notice appears that I have money deposited.

Just my Chargers tickets pays for everything. Already three games have sold for an average of 42% over cost and this pays for my season easily. The profits also allow me to buy concert/soccer tickets that I turn around through TM.

This allows myself and family members to go and see events at the venue for a very low cost. It's business. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of people in the USA that do it just like that. I live 2400 miles from Sofi and it is all worth the effort. My niece in Rochester, NY owns Las Vegas Raiders season tickets they make stoopid money off of them. It allows them to fly to Vegas from NY 3 times a year to see games.

Sorry, I know this chaps your hide for some of you. That's a lot of your ticket prices.

Rocky058

Tele-Afflicted
By Godfrey, back in my day - when concerts were 25¢...

1658424741855.png

Dik Ellis

Tele-Holic
The tix for Bruce's Austin TX show started around $300. It will be an outdoor show in February. Hell, I wouldn't pay that to see myself.

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
Regards, the Boomer driving prices up, like I said I haven't gone to a concert in years, so it ain't me. Record the audience standing up for encores. If you hear an excess of knees popping, it is my generation at fault.

True. Most of us curmudgeons are too old and busted to handle waddling into a large concert venue, much less sitting in an uncomfortable seat for hours (and don't even think about us standing up for long!)

loopfinding

Poster Extraordinaire
I wouldn’t see an artist in a stadium if it were free. The last “expensive” show I went to I think was Björk at the Apollo theatre for 40-50 bucks. That’s about my max in price, and my tolerance of venue (a large venue actually made for music).

Seeing an artist for old man money in a sports stadium is basically like going to an amusement park or a football game or something. Not even worth it if you like the artist. You pay murderous rates to basically watch a Jumbotron and listen to crap sound for however many hours. I’d rather just stay at home and watch a live feed or a video recording at that point.

Last edited:

NC E30

Tele-Meister
Being a fan of Jason Isbell +the 400 Unit I booked my tickets late last year for me and the wife to see them at the Manchester Apollo here in the UK in November for £34 each. I grew up with Bruce and the E St. Band but be honest they aren't the force they were in 1975-1985. I think the people who pay these ticket prices couldn't tell you more than a couple of his song titles it is all about the event for them.
I would much rather see Jason Isbell too!

Bruce's early stuff is great, but he should have stopped with Nebraska. Not that the newer music isn't good, it's just been played to death.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Tickets to see Bruce Springsteen for his show at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh on May 30th 2023 went on sale yesterday.

I rarely go to stadium gigs but I enjoyed his gig at Hampden Stadium in Glasgow back in 2014, I was looking forward to going. The last time I saw him I was with my close friend and while we were talking last week when he came for a visit on holiday, he said it's about time he got as many gigs in as possible given he'll be 83 next year.
I'm actually jealous that he was heading home the following day to meet up with Peggy Seeger (an old friend of his from the 60s folk scene) who was playing at a festival 3 miles from my house while I'd be 200 miles away on holiday.

Anyways, I went online yesterday to buy 2 tickets.
The cheapest seats available are around £450 EACH!!!

There's no chance either of us can afford that.

So much for Blue Collar Rock and Roll.
If you want to hear songs about hard times and poverty, you're gonna have to PAY TO HEAR THEM!