Ticket Convenience Fees are BS

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
The situation with resellers irks me a lot. Big show coming to town? You now compete with the planet to get seats. Or you can get hosed for seats on the aftermarket. I wanted to take my sons to see the Chili Peppers in Toronto. Three tickets were >CDN$1k. No way, Jose. I’m out for big shows.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
The situation with resellers irks me a lot. Big show coming to town? You now compete with the planet to get seats. Or you can get hosed for seats on the aftermarket. I wanted to take my sons to see the Chili Peppers in Toronto. Three tickets were >CDN$1k. No way, Jose. I’m out for big shows.
Yeah you compete with the planet and the myriad perks programs for Visa/Amex whatever members. Seems like someone posted something about that here recently, where the good seats are gone long before the gen pop has a shot at them.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
Yeah you compete with the planet and the myriad perks programs for Visa/Amex whatever members. Seems like someone posted something about that here recently, where the good seats are gone long before the gen pop has a shot at them.
It seams to me the good seats were always gone long before the internet came around. Blame Ticketmaster.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I am a season ticket holder at Sofi in Los Angeles. Before events go on sale to the public I can buy more football seats or concert seats before anyone else like all PSL owners. TM then adds their cut to the price. This is what happens when they list the seats, arrange the sale of the seats, garner and secure the funds for the seats and put the monies neatly in my bank account. It's a service for the owners of the tickets. I am also a customer for those prices at other venues. I pay I pay, don't like it but I pay.