Thursday Night Football - Denver VS Indy

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Personally, I think Denver needs to fire that coach. He has no idea what he's doing. They are very lucky to be 2-2.
You are right, he is in over his head.

I was not happy with that hire to start with, I thought it was a hail mary to try to get Rodgers from Green Bay.

He continually makes mistakes in game management even after he hired a game management coach to help.

Even last night, at the end of regulation when they got into field goal range it should have been run the clock, kick the FG and let the D make the Colts get a TD to win the game. Instead Russ throws a really bad pick and the Colts tie the game on a long FG. That can be laid at Russ' feet, you can't throw that ball and get intercepted but the play call was bad as well.

Then at the end of OT, the Broncos need 3 points to tie the game and I think they had something like 2:30 on the clock. The lined up and burned a timeout. I was thinking that they needed to kick the FG to tie it up in OT, kick off to the Colts and burns the time outs and the two minute warning to get the ball back. Worse case is the clock runs out and you tie. Best case is the D holds the Colts to a three and out and Russ gets the ball back with something like 40 seconds left to drive into FG range.
And with the rare air in Denver a 61 yard FG to win the game is a better chance than what they had in Seattle.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Start the rookie!!!!!
I cannot forget the 28 to 3 superbowl loss. Granted the Atlanta D fell apart. But Mr. Ryan done nothing in the second half. That games was bad I found myself rooting for Brady. As a Colts fan.....lol

The Colts have 3 pretty good tight ends, that are not used the way they should be.
Yep. Colts have a good roster with some holes, just like the Falcs.
I guess being a fan isn’t the same as expecting a result. Good luck with the season. Yesterday was a mess but a W is a W.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
He is a relatively new qb to their program. That may take awhile

So how long do we have to wait? LOL

It is not like he is a rookie QB, it is not like he hasn't played in the league.

And they have been practicing for months, I just don't see it getting better anytime soon. Actually I think he has regressed the last two games.

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
You are right, he is in over his head.
I was not happy with that hire to start with, I thought it was a hail mary to try to get Rodgers from Green Bay.
He continually makes mistakes in game management even after he hired a game management coach to help.
Even last night, at the end of regulation when they got into field goal range it should have been run the clock, kick the FG and let the D make the Colts get a TD to win the game. Instead Russ throws a really bad pick and the Colts tie the game on a long FG. That can be laid at Russ' feet, you can't throw that ball and get intercepted but the play call was bad as well.

Then at the end of OT, the Broncos need 3 points to tie the game and I think they had something like 2:30 on the clock. The lined up and burned a timeout. I was thinking that they needed to kick the FG to tie it up in OT, kick off to the Colts and burns the time outs and the two minute warning to get the ball back. Worse case is the clock runs out and you tie. Best case is the D holds the Colts to a three and out and Russ gets the ball back with something like 40 seconds left to drive into FG range.
And with the rare air in Denver a 61 yard FG to win the game is a better chance than what they had in Seattle.
Yeah, we've watched the Broncs some this year and many bad decisions.
I have my problems with Russ and not unhappy he's gone, but not sure he's had a good chance yet in Denver. Many dropped passes, bad decisions, bad play calls so far by others.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
With the video quality.... I think the bye teams should have their byes on Thursday nights!:lol:
I don't know where any of you get this from. I have a Smart Tv and a laptop. Either one gets great video of the games and always has. No interruptions, no pixelation, no lost audio, Perplexed......?????

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I don't know where any of you get this from. I have a Smart Tv and a laptop. Either one gets great video of the games and always has. No interruptions, no pixelation, no lost audio, Perplexed......?????
Well, we get it from the picture!
What's surprising is I can stream (on Prime) movies or series all the time and they are fine. Hulu, Netflix, HBO+ etc are fine also.
Football? Nope. Too much action, and too many pixels to download fast I think, so the latancy creates a blurry windshield effect. Interestingly, the commercials aren't too bad!
You would think they could 'preload' ahead and it would be like normal streaming, maybe a 10 minute delay in game start, but I guess I dont understand that stuff. A movie is already shot and saved right? But live action... not enough horsepower somewhere for those of us that dont have fiber internet...

The internet is filled with complaints.
here's a good example of the picture. When it zooms out during play, you cant even see the ball when it's passed.

Last edited:

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
My video quality was excellent last night, no buffering or signal loss. The game stunk. Denver paid way too much to get Wilson, how many draft picks in addition to an exorbitant contract extension? And I agree the play calling was not good on Denver’s part.

G Stone496

Tele-Meister
Broncos can go blow. That’s the 2nd time in 2 weeks that they cost me money.😔

ahiddentableau

Tele-Afflicted
In general I am fine with aggressive 4th down calls like that. Like what Baltimore tried last week--I'm fine with it. But not in a game where nobody can do anything right. You have to pay attention to context. "I think we're due!" is stupidity.

And then the play call! They didn't even give the QB a chance to tuck the ball and run. In a game where neither QB could complete anything. So, yeah, it was a headshaker.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Well, we get it from the picture!
What's surprising is I can stream (on Prime) movies or series all the time and they are fine. Hulu, Netflix, HBO+ etc are fine also.
Football? Nope. Too much action, and too many pixels to download fast I think, so the latancy creates a blurry windshield effect. Interestingly, the commercials aren't too bad!
You would think they could 'preload' ahead and it would be like normal streaming, maybe a 10 minute delay in game start, but I guess I dont understand that stuff. A movie is already shot and saved right? But live action... not enough horsepower somewhere for those of us that dont have fiber internet...

The internet is filled with complaints.
here's a good example of the picture. When it zooms out during play, you cant even see the ball when it's passed.
We do not have that problem at all. But we do have brand new Xfinity fiber optics in the whole area. That's probably the reason.

Otisblove

Tele-Meister
What a game! As an Indianapolisian and a Colts fan since 1983 (ok, 1987), I’ll take an ugly win over a pretty loss every day of the week.
Would have been a good game for our English friends with all that kicking, right? 7 field goals!!!

MTPoteet

Tele-Holic
Yea, the Broncos sucked, good thing Indy wasn't any better than they were. They sucked too.
It could have been even worse

I'm a broncos fan, but GO CHIEFS!