Thursday Backer Funk/R&B in D modal

Gytaurust

Tele-Meister
Thanks! Les Paul bridge all the way through.

Oh Yass!…..fat and sassy, bossy and saucy……a trip all the way from Motown to Memphis in R Crumb lockstep….truckin’ with the Paul….this was as fine as elderberry wine 🍷….I salute you for gettin’ on board with Stevie and Me…

telekaster1999

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Just a glorious strutting Waylon Jennings-as-the-grandmaster-of-the-hometown-parade take….couldn’t have enjoyed it more…thanks for taking the time to chime in…..a veritable tribute to the Tele!(that was a Tele, no?)…and a hint of wah?…lovely stuff
Yes and yes. And drop D.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Squier Cyclone with some Flanger (plugin).
Morgan RCA35 amp head w/BF Twin IR (2-notes Captor X).

That was great I really liked that sound/tone! So is that a real amp head into an IR? If so is there a out/send on the Morgan, Or was that a combination of Twin mixed with Morgan sim into reactive load?

It really sounded like it was breathing, and especially on bent and double stops, there was the presence like being in the room with the amp.

I’m just hooking up new Samson ResolvSE 5”s, and I’m bummed that I already wrapped up my other set up before comparing.

Either way the guitar sound great, and I’m looking forward to getting everything hooked up so I can jump in.
It will probably be late I’ll probably have to go through headphones by then ha ha!

Gytaurust

Tele-Meister
Squier Cyclone with some Flanger (plugin).
Morgan RCA35 amp head w/BF Twin IR (2-notes Captor X).

Thank you! Evident here is an infectious assertiveness that made me flash on Derringer in his stint with Winter….you walked in the place from the git-go and inhabited the track like it was crafted for you….

klasaine

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
@TwoBear ...
The 2-Notes 'Captor X' is sort of a 3-in-1 unit. It'll function as a straight attenuator (though it's not super versatile for that application), a load box, and an IR loader. I was using it as a load on my Morgan, which is very much a Deluxe Rev clone into a Twin Rev cab IR.
*I just go speaker out of the Morgan into the Captor and out of the Captor into my interface.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
@TwoBear ...
The 2-Notes 'Captor X' is sort of a 3-in-1 unit. It'll function as a straight attenuator (though it's not super versatile for that application), a load box, and an IR loader. I was using it as a load on my Morgan, which is very much a Deluxe Rev clone into a Twin Rev cab IR.
*I just go speaker out of the Morgan into the Captor and out of the Captor into my interface.
Thank you! I imagined something like that, but I’m not hip on today’s equipment. We are right up the street from SoCal NAMM, but I haven’t been for years.

I thought I had been talked out of IR’s, but hearing that makes me feel I should at least check them out before writing them off. Throwing in a load box and an attenuator only sweeten the idea.

klasaine

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I thought I had been talked out of IR’s, but hearing that makes me feel I should at least check them out before writing them off. Throwing in a load box and an attenuator only sweeten the idea.
Not all IRs are created equally. Many companies do them. Some are better than others. I like the 2-notes stuff because they focus on a lot more than just the "modern rock" thing. For example, they have models of at least a few dozen different vintage Fender cabs with various speakers as well as various mics. Not too mention a bunch of oddities like old Gretsch and Valco cabinets, etc.
I did the new 'fast blues' BT with same Morgan amp but a different Twin Rev cab IR. The tech has gotten really really good. And it's not like I have to record silently. I can mic amps at my house no problem but I actually enjoy working this new fangled emulation stuff.