Three.

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
This was supposed to be my post #3000, but I managed to miscalculate and it's #3001.

I planned to mark the occasion with my three favourite basses. Here they are anyway.

20220730_175151.jpg

Centre is the 1996 American Standard I bought new at the Wapping Bass Centre. My first decent bass and though I've strayed with a Jazz and various Warwicks I've always come back to this one. It sounds like a P Bass should.
On the left is a white blonde parts build. Basically a 51 single coil with a contoured body, MiM neck. I really enjoy its edgier sound and it's been #1 since I finished it 6 months ago.
On the right is another build, a 51 style slab body with a split coil post 57 pickup. Allparts neck. It's waiting for a 2 colour sunburst finish. Haven't played it much yet - it's a rather soft voiced bass, but it'll be very usable.

I'm not one for naming instruments, but I think of these three as my Three Graces.

Call Me Al

Tele-Holic
I’m a P Bass guy all the way. I love the tone and simplicity. I wish they had slimmer necks like the J Bass.
Neck swap, baby!
34536B3A-49C7-4EC2-944E-FFCC56B0BE5D.jpeg

Or if you want to spend some $$, Fender postmodern journeyman, or special order Lakland 4464 or GL LB100 will get you there 👍

Groovy!
I want an early-style P bass, too.
Nice collection!
If you want an inexpensive one, I thought the Squier CVs were fabulous

stnmtthw

Friend of Leo's
This was supposed to be my post #3000, but I managed to miscalculate and it's #3001.

I planned to mark the occasion with my three favourite basses. Here they are anyway.

View attachment 1012010

Centre is the 1996 American Standard I bought new at the Wapping Bass Centre. My first decent bass and though I've strayed with a Jazz and various Warwicks I've always come back to this one. It sounds like a P Bass should.
On the left is a white blonde parts build. Basically a 51 single coil with a contoured body, MiM neck. I really enjoy its edgier sound and it's been #1 since I finished it 6 months ago.
On the right is another build, a 51 style slab body with a split coil post 57 pickup. Allparts neck. It's waiting for a 2 colour sunburst finish. Haven't played it much yet - it's a rather soft voiced bass, but it'll be very usable.

I'm not one for naming instruments, but I think of these three as my Three Graces.
That slab body with the split coil... man... that makes me drool.