Three saddle half bridge

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Glen Smith, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

I would like to know if a Wilkinson 3 saddle half bridge can be used on a lefty guitar as it is or does it need some modifications?

Attached Files:

2. megafiddle

megafiddle Former Member

The saddles would be wrong for left hand stringing.

The two outer saddles, the E/A and the B/e, would need to the same type as the middle D/G
    that is on there now.

And the middle D/G would need to be the same as either of the outer saddles that are on there now.

In other words each saddle would need to be the reverse of what's on there now. If you could get one
    additional saddle of the D/G type that's on there now, you would have all you need, using two of the
    existing ones.

3. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Thank you very much, that is what I suspected. Lucky me, I do have a spare set of compensated saddles so I am off the hook. When I remember why I bought the spare set in the first place I might kick myself for using them but at least I know where to get more.

4. gypsymoth

gypsymoth Tele-Meister

is that a raven west in your avatar?

5. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Yes it is but please don't ask me how it is. I do not yet know how to play and I still haven't even plugged it in. I was supposed to take lessons in the Fall but the teacher pulled out. Now I have to try to find someone else or try to learn a bit on my own.
    I have another Raven West that I need to try.
    I want to build a lefty tele as a gift for a friend and a righty for myself but health problems are really slowing me down so I have to consider them as long-term projects.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.