Three Eric Daw/"Pin-Up" Teles finally in hand...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by bxlgotham, May 15, 2021.

1. bxlgotham

bxlgotham TDPRI Member

Been a looong wait for these to pop up on my radar. I passed on a few before I fully grasped what they were, and then past on a Fiesta Red because I just can't get with that red color sorry. In any event, one came up from a dealer in Seattle, and then I got an email blast from Eric himself and jumped on the only two he had just finished.

I only have played the first one, Chicklet, and it has a really fantastic and unique vibe. The sound on the pups are just nicely rounded and warm, you really need to jack up the treble and drop the bass on your amp to get anywhere near a classic Tele twang, this has a slap to it, it is very desirable to me sonically because I often feel Teles can veer a little harsh in some cases, even though they're my favorite guitar ever.

Will be interesting to see how the other two sounding comparison, and yes video/pics coming soon.

Festofish likes this.
  2. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Not soon enough! Lemme see em!

3. Festofish

Just to be clear...there are no pinups on the pinups. Boo. :D Sweet looking axes on his site.

4. bxlgotham

bxlgotham TDPRI Member

No not true, there are pinups on the back of the body, very classy of him, not out front in your face. Less is more. I appreciate Eric's style as someone who dresses only in black and never orders toppings on his NYC pizza. I will send pics this morning, video tomorrow, with some good recordings of my odd playing style.

Festofish likes this.
  5. Festofish

I stand corrected.

6. kguitars

kguitars TDPRI Member

Eric's guitars are the bomb. Super nice guy and a great player too!

Jamie_h likes this.
  7. bxlgotham

bxlgotham TDPRI Member

Just got done with a satisfactory (to me) recording of the first of the three, Chicklet, and will be recording a video and smashing it together with the music for something later tonight.

8. bxlgotham

bxlgotham TDPRI Member

Video posted. Apologies, I wasn't quite drunk enough for my playing to be worth five minutes of listening, oh well, next time lol. I will cut one more video each for the other two Pin-Ups I got from Eric. I just opened those last night, they sound different and equally amazing.

pagedr likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.