THR10C vs. THR10ii

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Millebern, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

Hi there. I currently own a THR10C and I like it an awful lot. I have also heard great things about the regular THR10. I was just wondering if all the sounds of the previous THR series are included in one package in the new THR10ii or are all of the amps different. I have checked all over the web and I only see that 15 new amps are in the new THR series. I will try and sell my THR10C if the new series has all of those sounds as well as the amps from the regular THR. Thanks.

2. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

It's my understanding that the new ones have the 5 amp sounds from the original THR10, with two variations of each of the 5. I wish they had all 15 sounds from the standard THR10, THR10C, and THR10X, because then I would find the new ones more useful and interesting. I tried the new one, and I wasn't any more impressed with it than I was by the old one. I prefer the sounds available from my Fender Mustang LT25 and Boss Katana Mini.

3. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

I think there have been a few improvements, but the II allows you access to all the amp models from the 10, 10C, and 10 models--but you can still only use 5 at once. I believe there is software you use to load up the amp models, and a phone app for some uses.

You can also bluetooth on the II, so you can throw music from your phone to it to either listen to or jam along with. The early versions had that only by using a connecting cable.

The two higher end models offer wireless, one is 30 watts instead of 20, and they can be operated on battery, not just DC power.

I can now see using one as a bluetooth device for streaming music AND an amp, so I'm in for the cheapest of the bunch.

4. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

SAve your money and keep what you like.

emisilly likes this.
  5. IndyTeleGuy

IndyTeleGuy Tele-Meister

I have owned all three originals, and recently the THR10II.
    My least favorite is the newest one. The interface is stupidly dumbed down to the point where you can barely edit your effects.
    Save your money.

FWIW, the THR10X was the most versatile of the 3 in my opinion....

DougM likes this.
  6. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

Thanks for all of the replies. I will indeed save my money and stick with the thr10c. I also find it is the best looking of the bunch.

emisilly and NewKid like this.
  7. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

I have the THR10C and a Line 6 G10 Relay if I want to play cordless. I mainly use the Matchless DC 30 emulation (Class A) but I also love the Dr Z Mini (Mini) emulation.

I thought about the THRII for a minute and decided I like what I have much better as well.

emisilly likes this.
  8. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

I tried out the regular THR10 and was actually kind of impressed by it. I have and love the THR10c, but found it lacking for more high gain applications. I kick around trading the Thr10c for the more versatile THR10

9. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Do the new ones have a beefier top plate to avoid the pots/PCBs getting damaged from bumps?

I have a THR5 with the common issue where the effects knobs start getting glitchy and turning the effects on and off.. I think it's from the top panel flexing the PCB if stuff touches the pots. (I carried mine around in the THR bag a decent amount)

10. IndyTeleGuy

IndyTeleGuy Tele-Meister

the new ones have more plastic in the chassis than the old. The power button is now a light up push on/off instead of a toggle (which I preferred). if anything the newer ones feel cheaper.

11. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

That’s unfortunate considering the price. I got a Roland to replace my THR. Same price, doesn’t sound as good, built like a tank though.

12. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

Another thing I noticed about the new standard thr10ii is that it doesn't run on batteries. Only the more expensive models are rechargeable. I like to be able to run mine on battery power.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.