Thoughts on this beautiful Monstrosity?

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
You asked ...
One thing hunting has taught me is that the "field grade" shotgun kills birds just as dead as the "collector grade" with the little gold doggies engraved on the receiver and the hand-checkered French walnut stock.

Too much going on here. And way too much gold.
3 humbuckers? On a Tele? Please ...
And a Bigsby? One of the reasons Telecasters hold such appeal is their LACK of whammy bar stink.
Not to mention the weight. And the pricetag.
So not for me, thanks.
Now, if you've got a wall in your parlor that's begging for some expensive hipster "art," then maybe. 😏

And don't get me started on the My Little Pony Strat ... 🌈

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I like three humbucking guitars.
The Frampton mod, which gives the middle pickup it’s own volume control is a good idea.
You (I) have to be vigilant, and try not to hit the middle pickup with my pick.
With a good setup, Bigsbys work beautifully.
Looking forward to seeing one when they hit the stores!

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I play and love a bottom-of-the-line one-pickup, one-knob Squier. In black...the base model T of guitars.

Yet that Tele “Les Paul Custom” monstrosity looks like a handsome, and probably fun, piece to me. I’d give it a whirl if I could afford it.

That pink shred Strat too. I guess I pretty much just like guitars.

We had a local shop(now out of business) which sold only guitars that looked special.
That "monstrosity" would have fit right in with their usual inventory. Even more so if the color had been large-flake metallic red.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I love the way it looks, it's very beautiful with the gold and black combo etc, but it would be "too much guitar" for me LOL!

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
And thus, not unlike the Homecoming Queen who spends her Saturday nights alone because all the boys are afraid to ask her out, these overbuilt and overpriced "monstrosities" (your word) will languish on the walls of guitar stores worldwide, just waiting for their Prince to kiss them and set them free.

But alas, Prince be daid.

scrimmer

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
It’s a monstrosity alright! I also hate gold hardware. Hideous! I like my Teles to be simple and plain, like Leo intended them to be.
And this is coming from someone who owns one of those 3 HB, Gretsch monstrosities.

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
That one's not for me. OF course if it didn't have gold hardware, or 3 pickups, or full HBs, or block inlays I might be ok with it. :)
I'm not hating on it - it's certainly different and if you like it, have at it!

Telecentric

Tele-Holic
Don't like teles that try to be something else. Hate the gold. Hate humbuckers on teles. You do you, but I'm now in search of eye bleach.

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
uh.. build one! It would keep you busy for a while if nothing else.

It's sold out in any case, somebody out there likes them, they aren't hanging on the wall.

Up the ante on Fender and make it with an abalone bound thinline body.

Cut down a B-16 or get something even fancier and more custom and put a super long wire arm on it.

Instead of piano black make it reliced pink paisley under black and gold paisley.

Use 5A flame maple or white ebony with black streaks on the neck, make sure use pearl buttons on the tuners and put some real fancy inlays in it, instead of plain black blocks, something like skulls or black-cats or 8-balls or your name.

Use a polished gold, or maybe gold moto pickguard, or one of those old school bakelite inlayed guards with your name and a skull and some snake-eye-dice on it.

Go all out, make Fender's troublemaker thing seem bland and pedestrian, which compared to something truly custom and trouble making, it is.