1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Thoughts on 2020

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by staxman, Dec 26, 2020.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I got divorced about three weeks ago legally. Being married to an extreme trust fund kid is tough, if you’ve never done it, try it. My attorney told me that this is been the roughest divorce season that he has ever been through. He is processing 16 cases right now and he said that people are very unreasonable and very hateful and mean and women and men are asking for things that are just ridiculous. My attorney has told me that in his career of 38 years he has never seen people so hateful and ridiculous and asking for things that are so crazy. He blames it on leadership and examples set publicly. He is looking forward to a new style of leadership because he believes that everything that’s been happening in the news and in the media has been so insane, it’s been so ridiculous that people are picking up on it and people just seem to hate each other. I can’t wait for the new year I can’t wait for a new Leader ship and I just want to move forward.

WrayGun, Deathray, tap4154 and 2 others like this.
  2. Auherre756

Auherre756 TDPRI Member

I got a bad, bad feelin'...but that's okay. I still got my guitar.

3. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Tele-Holic

I have been very, very fortunate. I had a good job, and interviewed for a new one in March. I got the offer, and didn't start until April - when stay at home was already in place around here. I've been working the new job from home, mostly successfully, for the past 8 months. The bosses are very careful, and they likely won't reopen the office until July 1 or so. My wife is a teacher. Teaching remotely has been a challenge, but she's been up to it.

I have learned a lot about myself and a lot about others that surprised me, but probably shouldn't have. I am hopeful for 2021, but not blindly so. We've been saving our money and looking at buying a place that we can afford on either of our incomes, just in case. I've also gained a lot of focus, and realized how much time and energy I spent on some things that didn't really contribute to my enjoyment of or satisfaction with life. I'm grateful, and empathetic toward those who have lost so much this year - a loved one, a job, a business, and so on. I hope there is better to come for their sake, and I'm willing to help.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    getbent and staxman like this.
  4. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not trying to rationalize what they did, just saying that it could have been much worse.

About 15 years ago there were regular terrorist attacks in Iraq, 50 to 70 people killed at a time. Just be glad you're not living in a war zone.

Coloradotwanger likes this.
  5. DADGAD

DADGAD Friend of Leo's

Not the worst year of my life but definitely in the top ten.

My office was broken into 10/10/2020 and thieves took three guitars, a digital recorder and a Casio keyboard.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

I gotta say I have been relatively lucky this year. My job seems to be safe, and I live in a place where there is relatively good social cooperation at a time when that’s critical. But it still has sucked.

The worst feeling has been watching events elsewhere happening like an earthquake, and now waiting for the tsunami to hit...

7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I declare myself ready to find out what 2021 will be like.

8. medownsouth

medownsouth Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

2020 was the turducken of years, but poop instead of birds

9. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Mine started in 2019 Christmas day my son lung collapsed 6 days in the hospital, then hello 2020 March my wife gets diagnosed with lung cancer (non-smoker) That has spread to her bones but last scans everything is looking is looking better. The advancements in cancer have improved eons the crap you read on the internet is just that crap. Moving on October I had two tumors removed from my bladder, about every 3 years this happens 7th time. 2020 will not be missed. 2021 hopefully will be better end of January hopefully my wife will be done with chemo then two years of immunotherapy. I have learned not to even watch the news in 2020 that’s kind of a positive and I got my first set of hearing aids my amps sound great my recordings suck.

getbent likes this.
  10. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Afflicted

I bought a 2020 diary as normal, I did not notice till November that on the back is printed, 'everythings gonna be alright' did they know something?

getbent and staxman like this.
  11. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

In 2010 my boss, a Maths professor, said that the greatest struggle will be for food and lands in in the tropical belt. I believed then, and now, he will prove to be right.
    Am considering movie to Bali for the rest of my life- I have a military pension .

12. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

They'll be writing about it in the history books.

13. Erebus

Erebus Tele-Meister

14. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm of mixed feelings about 2020. When I look thru my window on the world - TV and internet - things look pretty sour, but there's possibilities for good things coming. When I look at my personal life, it's not so horrible. I have a job that I think is solid, my wife has more clients than she can handle. I don't lack for food or shelter. I'm not a Pollyanna... I know it could all flip azz over teakettle in a moment. I have serious doubts that people are going to act right by themselves. But I've learned that if I brood on "what ifs" it makes things unpleasant. So on we go...

I hope we all come out on the good side of whatever's coming.

15. srblue5

srblue5 Tele-Holic

Not gonna disagree that 2020 sucked, although I guess I'm fortunate to say that there are a few other years in my life that I would more readily and happily delete from my memory. There are a lot of moments of 2020 I would happily delete but there were a few nice memories too (keyword: few).

16. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Friend of Leo's

I think the thread has wandered well off the intended point and deep into an area that will shortly cause its demise. Shocked it made it this far.

I will just say that the thought that the many problems revealed and unearthed over recent times (dating well before 2020) will suddenly end after this year ends seems very naive and foolish. I feel there are signs of hope going forward but any thought that 2021 is going to suddenly change things alarms me as it overlooks the time and effort its going to take.
    Jussayin. (And I DONT necessarily refer to the above breach of topic)

getbent likes this.
  17. driver8

driver8 Tele-Holic

A calendar is just a number. It has no real bearing on actual events in reality, like suddenly everything is magically going to be better or different because the date changed. There is light at the end of the COVID tunnel, but although I hate to say it, I think we're still going to have fallout from this past year well into 2021. Just have to ride it through and let things evolve/resolve.

uriah1, getbent and telemaster03 like this.
  18. Alex_C

Alex_C Tele-Holic

2021 will be better. It won't be great, but will be an improvement.

tap4154 and getbent like this.
  19. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

This. A year is a measurement of time and it doesn’t know or have the ability to be better or worse, that is all in not only what happens but also in how we respond to it. 2021 will be better for some and worse for others. Life really has no guarantees and pandemics, presidential elections, gear prices and the like are largely out of our control. The key is how we react to these things.

The only thing I will say is that travel restrictions allowed me to be home more this past year and I’m grateful for that. Travel restrictions also cost me valuable time with my children and grandchildren this year and I’m not so grateful for that. Minor things and I’m truly sorry for this who have had loss and hardship in any year.

driver8 likes this.
  20. teletail

teletail Friend of Leo's

Yup, there's always some jerk that can't keep his fat mouth shut. Sometimes it's me. :D

Anacharsis likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.