Thoughts about wamplers' paisley overdrive

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jonkay1, Dec 29, 2014.

1. jonkay1

jonkay1 Tele-Meister

I have owned this pedal for about a year or so, it still remains on my pedal board. I must say that at first I didn't really like it all that much. It doesn't do much for "chickin' pickin'" and it doesn't even come close to Brad Paisleys' tone. So my initial thinking was that this pedal sucked. However, I found that if you crank the gain up high, it becomes a great distortion pedal. It works very well for Skynard stuff or Credence, or heavier stuff like Doors or Cream, or Eric Clapton. So I have come to like this pedal a lot, but not so much for country. In the right context, it is a good sounding pedal. Forget about that whole Brad Paisley thing, I'm sure he doesn't use one.

2. HC

HC Tele-Holic

The Paisley Drive isn't supposed to be a BP-tone-in-a-box pedal. It was developed as an overdrive/distortion for and with Brad and why would he want the sound he already had from his amps in pedalform? He simply wanted an OD pedal that would give him what he wanted for higher gain stuff and the Paisley Drive has been on his board since it was released. And the protos prior to that. Glad you found a use for it and are happy with it now though. :)

3. tonedreamer

tonedreamer Tele-Holic

Doug Seven How to Get a Brad Paisley Guitar Tone …:

4. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm pretty sure he does. If I remember the story correctly from the Wampler podcast, Brian brought Paisley two or three prototypes, one of which Brian thought was clearly the best sounding and hoped would be picked. Paisley picked another one, and that's the one that has his name on it. Wampler seems to have a pretty close relationship with the guys who have signature pedals.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.