Thorpy FX Gunshot

D_Malone

Tele-Afflicted
I recently picked up a Gunshot and I’m really impressed with it.

I typically run my amps clean so when it comes to dirt pedals I gravitate toward ones that have amp-like qualities. The Gunshot sounds and feels very much like a tube amp, in my opinion. More so than most of the dozens of “amp in a box” pedals I’ve tried.

The Gunshot has 2 cascaded gain stages. The ‘gain’ control is like a TS, but not as compressed or honky as a typical TS. The ‘caliber’ control is more of a flat, Marshall-ish, aggressive distortion sound. Blending the two yields many different tones, and levels of dynamics/saturation. It’s easy to dial in, and the tone control is voiced perfectly.

Clean-up with the guitar volume control is excellent. At low/medium gain settings it will clean up almost completely. At higher gain settings you can roll back the guitar volume for a less aggressive rhythm crunch.

I’ve actually ordered a second Gunshot. I will have one for med/high gain, and the other for low gain. I like it that much.

It’s an expensive pedal, no doubt. But, not to bash Origin, it is everything I’d hoped the RevivalDrive and RevivalDrive Hot Rod would be.

Two thumbs up for the Gunshot.

bluesholyman

Friend of Leo's
I’ve actually ordered a second Gunshot. I will have one for med/high gain, and the other for low gain. I like it that much.

It’s an expensive pedal, no doubt. But, not to bash Origin, it is everything I’d hoped the RevivalDrive and RevivalDrive Hot Rod would be.

Two thumbs up for the Gunshot.

Congrats. I learned of Thorpy through Andertons videos and Pete The Dane - mostly interested in their Muffroom Cloud, which is now called something else, I think, or vice-versa.

Would love to get a Thorpy some day.

D_Malone

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats. I learned of Thorpy through Andertons videos and Pete The Dane - mostly interested in their Muffroom Cloud, which is now called something else, I think, or vice-versa.

Would love to get a Thorpy some day.

The Muffroom Cloud is now the Fallout Cloud. I have one. It's a great fuzz, but not exactly like a Big Muff.

D_Malone

Tele-Afflicted
Follow up after more time with the Gunshot. This is one of those pedals that really shines live. At home it sounds a little mid-forward. Cuts a bit of bass. With a loud amp in a live band it is awesome. Very harmonically rich and dynamic. It’s one of my favorite overdrives. Might even be my all-time favorite.