This site is in dire need of a new sub-forum:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frodebro, Oct 11, 2013.

1. rwsand

rwsand Tele-Afflicted

You might have not meant it, but I was offended.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

2. fuzzbender

fuzzbender Former Member

i'm all for a sub forum, in my day we only had snorkels

3. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That was not my intention at all. I fear that I was a bit too hasty in creating the first post, because although I did note that it was meant to be humorous above all else, I have learned through the responses that I didn't articulate my thoughts clearly enough for it to be easy to see what I was trying to say.

To you directly, and to anyone else that may have misinterpreted my intentions, I do apologize.

4. rwsand

rwsand Tele-Afflicted

Thank you. And I appreciate it very much. I've been here for at least 20 years and feel a strong connection to my fellows. Of which you are one. It sometimes is a challenging place, but not one that excludes me. That's the beauty of it. Glad to be with you.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

5. Frodebro

I'm pretty fond of the community here as well, there are way more people here that I would like to get together with socially than those that I would prefer not to, which says quite a bit considering the scope of this place and the huge differences in age, culture, and whatnot that we all come from outside of this one little corner of the universe where we all gather together to shoot the bull.

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You never say nice things like that to me, you just dangle the bait, and I come after it like a walleye on steroids.:D:D

Attached Files:

7. Frodebro

Well, you and I have always had that "special" thing going on that transcends mere words. Stay feisty, you steaming hunk o' man flesh... :p

8. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

No need to apologize. I thought it was an honest mistake, and we all desire to make fewer mistakes don't we? Your instincts were right. Always go with that.

As for not thinking that your grammar was going to be checked?? You've been a member longer than I have, and you must know that grammar gets checked all the time. :D
    It's what makes this place a comprehensive learning environment. Someone is always willing to help us learn something new, whether it's the benefits of tubes over transistors, or the proper spelling of a homophone. :D

And as for Mr. Smarty Pants gitlovr, it doesn't matter whether I know what you mean or not. What matters is that we try to be the best we can be, either in our guitar playing or our typing. Glad to be of help.

Have a nice day. :D

9. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

LOL! I meant no offense, Kelnet.
    Feel free to continue to speak you mind on spelling and grammar. I'll continue to ignore it.
    Peace.

10. slippin slider

slippin slider Tele-Afflicted

I really thought it was about becoming closed minded and ridgid.
    I know some folks walking around, so stuck in their close mindedness that they are already dead.
    The here and now is a distant past. But that's ok too.

Your original post was both insightful and and humorous, however I am to up tight and defensive to be able to enjoy it.

11. Frodebro

That's EXACTLY what it was about. A person's actual age has nothing to do with it.

12. kelnet

your

:D

13. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

yet its titled THE OLD FOLKS HOME.

come on.

nobodys gonna buy that.

14. Frodebro

That's not in the title at all, though knowing how people tend to be on the internet I'm sure some read just that far, decided that they knew exactly what everything else was about, and then started in yelling at clouds. ;)

15. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

oh please.

this was a clear troll; and a good one, seeing as you got what you wanted, pages and pages of fish.

16. Frodebro

No, it wasn't a troll. It was a commentary on how people are so quick to dismiss things with just a cursory glance, and unfortunately some of the responses have proven it over and over again.

In hindsight, I should've used "technophobe" or something else in place of "old folks", because apparently people are focusing on those two words and completely ignoring the bulk of the rest of the post.

17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I thought rigid had no d.

18. kelnet

Actually, it seems to be about people who have a thing against amp knobs and effects pedals.

19. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Many of the responses which you may be deeming to be closed-minded or dismissive are actually humorous, or at least attempts at humor. Many of the responses are replies from other threads people here have latched onto and humorously carried throughout the forum to many other posts. You might want to open your own eyes and actually look again before you jump to conclusions of your own. JMHO.

20. Frodebro

I was hoping that this was the case, but at least one person has stated that he was offended. Since this was not my intent at all, I decided that I would rather focus on those who are actually bothered by it to try to better explain the intent of the actual post.

In fact, some of the examples that I listed are indeed long-running points of humor all over the place here, so I assumed (wrongly) that by consolidating it all into one place everybody could just lay it out, have a good laugh at it, and then move on.

What I forgot is that this is the internet, where even the most carefully-worded sentence can be twisted around and thrown back in your face if somebody so desires to do so. No matter how much humor you inject into something, if somebody is bent on being grumpy, they're going to be grumpy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.