1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

This site is in dire need of a new sub-forum:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frodebro, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You're whining again...

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

the bad dog was created for all that stuff so that it wasn't in the 'actual' forum.

and it is here… and… well, we kind of knew that people would complain about it in pretty much the way that a guy reaches a certain age, looks in the mirror and says, "where did that hopeful young man go?" and realizes he often never even arrived… or has been gone so long we can barely remember him.

3. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, but you know that historians of that day will somehow make it sound like we were some sort of cult, with Paul as our leader.
    Only instead of having to lose our manhood and wear sneakers, we would have had to own and cherish teles to prove our devotion to the cause.
    Our goal will be to wait for the giant tour bus that only comes around every 75 uears. We'll wait until it passes us and we will all try to jump onto the back bumper as it speeds off.

4. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Seers and Sages.. prophets of the ages... we'll be.... cool...:)

though in 100 yrs.. I think the Beatles will be the new *koff, errr,,following.... ;).....someone will find some meaning in those old words of the fab 4... and perhaps, other prophets of the late 60's age.....

of course there will be many splinter genres.. errm followings... as more old recordings are found....;)

5. Nightatthehotel

Nightatthehotel Tele-Holic

That's true. Actually to be honest here I do like modern day songs a lot, but more for the instrumentals because the lyrics I cannot stand. But modern day music doesnt produce the same feeling I get when I click on the words "Midnight Rambler" and that swingy riff grabs me. I don't actually think any amp post-65 is worthless I just think pre-65 amps are cool as hell.

6. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    You've turned your mind off to a lot of things before your brain chemistry forces you to.

NATH, you do need to know how things are perceived here. If there is anything you disagree with...you are a hater. Just the way it is. Using the quote by Starshine as an example, your preferences are ACTUALLY deficiencies or flaws in your thinking.

Personally, I agree with your views of some modern music...but my thinking is flawed as well...:lol:

7. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I don't think it's universal, but I think it's a growing problem. It seems that too many people see 'I disagree' and equate that with 'you're stupid'. But, I also wonder if the 'haters' thing is just another example of the way language gets distorted, that the word doesn't convey its real meaning anymore. Another example of this is 'awesome', a word that has become nearly meaningless.

8. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

It's a common trait amongst the young to see those older than they as being close minded and intolerant. The truth is that most of us felt the same when we were younger.
    But we can only process our incoming sensory stimulation from past experience.
    To quote a Chinese proverb, "All the Universe is a mirror."
    We can only relate to our interaction with the world through an understanding of ourselves, for it is impossible to truly understand a given stimulus w/o seeing it through the eyes of our life experience. And the plain truth is that when you are in your 20's you have less life experience with which to process incoming data than a person who is older.
    This was, up until the 60's, generally understood as a axiom in life. Now, people who are older are looked upon as senile old farts that are in the last throes of Alzheimer's, and it's the young that are truly wise.
    Thus we see everything around us geared to appeal to the demographic 13-30. This group has the largest amount of disposable income, they are just truly starting life and need to purchase the implements of life, and they are finding mates.
    It leads down to not who has the most money but who spends the most money.

9. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

The gold is in his cargo shorts.

10. william tele

Not gold...BRASS!. Times two...:lol:

11. chesire

chesire Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

So you started a thread to complain about the old people who complain about the younger people? That's fuzzy logic man. That's like cops speeding to catch speeders.

It was funny though :)

12. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Bah humbug!!! (Shakes fist and steadies on cane) ;)

By the way... You are one of us now....lol

13. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Not a problem. However, do all new cars look alike to you?

14. jonsongz

jonsongz Tele-Meister

excellent..my kinda sub-forum...I hate everything ever said or done after 1979..well except for those new kids the Spice Girls..they're kinda cute

15. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

Is there a Lost Thread Forum?

I'm missing one. I'm not that old, so don't tell me I imagined it.

16. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

[​IMG]

17. cleanman

cleanman Tele-Holic

Not quite there, but on my way doing seventy in the fast lane using the middle finger to tell them to go around!!!

18. william tele

I think sometimes threads are closed and no longer valid. There was a closed thread here for a while but it clearly said it was closed so I never checked it, expecting it rotate out of circulation.

What thread are you missing?

19. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

This one. The title was "This Thread is closed." but it was "closed"for more than 500 posts. So it was never closed/locked. It just disappeared like it never existed.

image-3070639288.jpg

But it isn't openable. Like I say, over 500 posts disappeared.

20. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I guess it was a self fulfilling prophesy thread then?... ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.