This site is in dire need of a new sub-forum:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frodebro, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

THE OLD FOLKS' HOME

Hate today's music and everything related to it?

Are smart phones just a bunch of useless features that get in the way of your ability to use one?

Do modeling amps have too many knobs and buttons for you to play through without severe distraction?

Does ANY amp made after 1965 have absolutely no reason to exist?

Is anybody, EXCEPT Tommy Emmanuel, who plays quickly, fluently, and uses scales more complex than the pentatonic minor, lacking in soul and simply wheedlie-deedling?

Does the thought of an amplifier with more than fifteen watts power output put you into involuntary spasms, and create in you an irresistible urge to point out just how wrong everybody who uses one of these "monsters" is?

Does the thought of plugging an effects pedal into your computer in order to fine-tune and save the parameters to your personal preference seem like way too much work?

Does the thought of an effects pedal with more than two knobs on it send you into a rage?

Does the thought of using ANY pedal send you into a rage?

When you hear the words "Mesa/Boogie", is the first thought in your head "I'd rather spend my time playing instead of turning knobs"?

Do you get instantly defensive whenever anybody posts a rant about people who do exactly the speed limit in the fast lane?

If you can honestly answer "yes" to any five (or more) of these questions, then it is indeed possible that a new sub-forum might be just what the doctor ordered. The mods will be happy to keep the temperature set to eighty degrees in that area for your personal comfort, and the "no politics" rule will not apply, because nobody has had a serious argument about Harry Truman's policies in over fifty years.

If anybody gets all worked up over this post (and feels the need to throw a tantrum) because they think that it is in any way serious, then I propose another potential new sub-forum:

The STICK-UP-THE-BUTT HIGH-HORSE-RIDING SOAPBOX PREACHERS Area.

That is all. Have a wonderful evening, kids. :D

2. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

Hang on, I have to change my Depends.

3. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You posted this in the wrong place.

4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

get off my lawn!

5. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

Could you speak up, there sonny?
    My hearing ain't so good anymore, and I am having
    trouble seeing you.
    You say you have trouble with your forearm??????
    We'll quit picking at it. Now go get me some of that
    Dr. Tincture's syrup.

6. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

sheesh...kids these days!

7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

People who do exactly the speed limit in the fast lane are the most objectionable, repulsive a-holes known to man...

And I've noticed that most of these turds are young punks, texting on their fancy expensive smart phones and listening to that new music, way too loud, probably recorded on 500 watt MB amps with all kinds stupid, funny sounding effects pedals plugged into em'.

So no...I can only answer yes to the one question...

(EDIT) That last question was deceiving. I read it wrong at first. NO, I don't have any problem with people posting rants about driving exactly the speed limit in the fast lane...:lol:

8. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Having a mid-life crisis rant are we? Well wait about 10 years, it'll all be over, and all you'll have to show for it is a totally impractical sports car or convertible you can't recall why you ever wanted in the first place. ;)

Signed,

The Over the Hill Gang :p

9. Frodebro

Work with me here. I've been laid up for a week (so far) with an infection that keeps me chained between my bed and the toilet. So I've been surfing a lot, and maybe because I feel like absolute crap I'm noticing all of the grumbling more than normal.

10. refin

refin Friend of Leo's

What?!?
    SPEAK UP!!!!

11. Lerb21

Lerb21 Friend of Leo's

I keep my old man gripes off the forum for the most part these days.

Damn internet is a den of new fangled strangeness anyway.

:D

12. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

When I was young we didn't have these fancy shmancy sub forums to vent on.

13. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Here here!

:shakes_cane:

14. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Hey Clint,

I had someone on a non guitar forum looking for advice on those Xaviere XV950 guitars and he posted your youtube demo. Wondered if you could give me a little more details on how you felt about that guitar? Thanks! Bill

15. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Wasn't this web site in black & white before?

16. Frodebro

In the early days, everybody was still viewing the site with tube-driven monitors...

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You're just in a bad humor 'cause you don't have '65 Deluxe Reverb, just be thankful you have a microcube, you could be sitting there busking with just a string, a tin can, and a flutophone.

You really need to buy. rent. or borrow all the past episodes of "Walking Dead." (You are clearly the intended audience)

Do you know anyone, anyone at all to vouch for that fact that you are smart enough to own/use a smart phone?

The part about Tommy Emanuel, yes you seem to have grasped that, did someone help you come up with that question?

15 watts is fine, but 22 is the absolute max you should be allowed by the power company to plug into the power grid, which amazingly enough happens to be the rating of a '65 Deluxe Reverb. Who'd a thunk it?

It's no wonder your computer never works, you're always fiddling with it and stuffing it full of paramours! Just what kind of guy are you anyway, this is a clean site you know?

I actually have a pedal with 3 knobs on it, but I'm not sure which one you turn to make it go faster.

Second question about pedals. Don't be silly, I use the pedals on my CRV all the time without getting angry, but some of the people following me are not as nice as I am.

I'm pretty sure Andy Lowry will know all about Mesa, and any other boogies going on in and around Arizona, he's pretty up on that stuff. Being a full fledged Prescotter and all, he can fill you in. (I really think any boogie-boogie should be handled off site) (this is a clean site you know) Not that AL would involve himself in, well boogie, boogie, maybe talk about it, but that's all.

What goes on in the fast lane is of no concern at all to me, people on the way to the hospital use that lane so they can get there quicker.

If a person by the age of 43 does not have the answers to these simple questions, maybe you should start a forum for those people who ask a lot of questions, but don't have any answers.

Glad I could be of help. Now what was I doing, what IS that smell? Uh oh, I think I might have been enroute to the personal. No worries, it's only on the one side, and they are CARGO shorts.

18. Delta Blues

Delta Blues Tele-Afflicted

I wonder if there is an app that turns the iPhone into a hearing aid?

19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

can you speak up? I didn't hear you!

20. Frodebro

I knew I could expect gold from you as soon as you saw this thread.... :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.