This Site Is Becoming Very Hard To Navigate

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
My usual M.O. is to right-click on an image and choose "copy image address". Then, here on TDPRI, I click on the "insert image" menu item, tab to "by URL" and paste (ctrl-V).

iu-lilac.gif
On apple touchscreens I just rest a finger on an image and get a copy and a save option. Save and then upload from the device.
Might fill your computer with Korean teens though!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Can't the type ( font size- I'm on Android) be larger, w/o my having to do something on my end?
It was just a bit larger before upgrade.
( I tried adjusting my Settings, but it did not work here) Please?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thanks, WW. Hmmmm, I tried, but can't find the magic spot. But wait, Just under the new "what's new" button, is a "Find threads" button. Was that there before? Hmmmmm
They do seem to be tweaking as we speak.
And we learn.
But oddly when I upload an image from my newer iPhone I cannot choose thumbnail or full size, while on my older iPad I do have those two options.
Seems very device sensitive.
Also saw as was suggested that on tablets and phones, turning the device to horizontal adds numerous controls that are not there when held vertical.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Was the old site broken in some way?
None I was really aware of. Now however...
Well, there's good change and bad change. In five billion years, the sun will expand into a red giant and vaporize the Earth. Hmm. Is that good or bad? But in the grand scheme of things . . .
In the mean time, why mess up what works fine?

I have given it a while... And tried to be open minded and make whatever adjustment is needed.
But at this point I still see zero improvement. And instead weird and quirky behaviour. Hard to read, ugly, strange organization, "hidden menus" that I cant find...

Hate to be "that guy" but for me, this is not working.

BTW, if the emoji are to be "the thing" there is one far more appropriate to my feelings about this than just a thumbs down.

MatsEriksson

Friend of Leo's
But at this point I still see zero improvement.

This! Change is not equal to improvement. And, when the change is done: Improvement for whom? I have huge trouble now finding my own posts in chronological order, that occured BEFORE this change. Improvement? No, not in my book, and as well by everyone else I know too. The posts from me are listed RANDOMLY in any order starting from 2015, 2011, 2019, 2021. The new ones - like this thread - are on the top, but anything before the change is just scrambled, and I can't even search for it to find my way back...i e when I choose "your content" its not listed from newest from oldest, which I would prefer.

My take on it all: What have they been smokin'? Whatever it is, I don't want it..

EDIT: I do want to see the QUOTE markers whenever replying with quotes, directly without ever have to toggle the BB code switch. BFG is the new name of the site: Bona Fide Gaffe.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
I write a post, then move to the New Posts screen, only to find that the thread I posted in is nowhere to be seen in the New Posts listing. So thinking that maybe I did not click on "Post Reply" I use the back arrow to check that my post exists, which it does. Eventually I notice the "Unread" filter is enabled. Why do we need this as a default. If I remove it, go to another thread then back to New Posts, it has been applied again. Why?

1641557588862.png

SneakyPup

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I'm ok with it. I find the image attachment overhaul is improved. As a retired website designer I know it's tough to please everyone. Interesting also to hear complaints from the non-paying visitors.

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Hey, who are you calling non-paying? Here's my complaint: WTH is a "Profile Post"? Is this a FB thing? What, now we have to two different places to see what people are talking about? Why, for goodness sake, why? Have young people taken this thing over? Please make it stop!

notmyusualuserid

Friend of Leo's
Interesting also to hear complaints from the non-paying visitors.

When I was a mod on another, non-music related site, I enjoyed reading that complaint in PMs from the paying punters. As an average, 15% of a forum's membership might have put their hands in their pockets. If you want to listen to a declining number of the same old voices, go paying members only.

It's a winner

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
Hey, who are you calling non-paying? Here's my complaint: WTH is a "Profile Post"? Is this a FB thing? What, now we have to two different places to see what people are talking about? Why, for goodness sake, why? Have young people taken this thing over? Please make it stop!
Profile posts were an option before the revamp. We're still allowed to ignore them!

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
I am adapting. It does make me curious why they made the change. Some of our griping might be attenuated a little bit if we knew a little more about how it helps the site managers. If it raises their revenue, or makes site management easier, or if there are other good reasons that we aren't obvious to us users, perhaps at least some of us would grumble just a bit less.

It probably took me 5 years to get over the transition from WordPerfect to Word in my workplace. I was a lot faster making the switch from LotusNotes email to FireFox email, and then again to Google email. Nowadays my organization mostly uses Google Sheets for spreadsheets instead of Excel, and it has been a big learning curve for me to adapt. A lot of my power user tricks learned over many years in Excel either don't exist or are actuated differently in Google Sheets. Let's face it, interface changes are challenging.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I am adapting. It does make me curious why they made the change. Some of our griping might be attenuated a little bit if we knew a little more about how it helps the site managers. If it raises their revenue, or makes site management easier, or if there are other good reasons that we aren't obvious to us users, perhaps at least some of us would grumble just a bit less.

It probably took me 5 years to get over the transition from WordPerfect to Word in my workplace. I was a lot faster making the switch from LotusNotes email to FireFox email, and then again to Google email. Nowadays my organization mostly uses Google Sheets for spreadsheets instead of Excel, and it has been a big learning curve for me to adapt. A lot of my power user tricks learned over many years in Excel either don't exist or are actuated differently in Google Sheets. Let's face it, interface changes are challenging.
They made a change because they tought we might enjoy the change. But i remember, the last update, with the likes and so on, i thought to myself, i will never give a like ever. And now i am just throwing them away like there is no tomorrow.

Let's get used to the new thing, and in another 10 years, we will be grumpy because the emojis are gone.

SneakyPup

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I hear Ya Blue Bill, fellow paying brother!