This Site Is Becoming Very Hard To Navigate

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
One thing I don't care for is the post edit area is the same color, more or less, as the rest of the page. Several times now, I've crafted a post, and either it was already posted, and I kept trying to edit it (thinking I was still creating it), or the reverse - write the post and forget to actually 'post' it.

What was it before? A white background for the edit box? Please bring that back.

And I miss the old rolling emoji laugh guy. New ones are the same crap seen everywhere else.

Was the old site broken in some way?

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
There could be some more changes or tweaks coming shortly. I find the right column a lot of blank, wasted space.
Er... doesn't that need to be there for all the ads? I routinely block 'em, so I wouldn't know, but that's where they usually would show up, no?

So, you're right, a lot of blank, wasted space. Even when full...

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
One thing I don't care for is the post edit area is the same color, more or less, as the rest of the page. Several times now, I've crafted a post, and either it was already posted, and I kept trying to edit it (thinking I was still creating it), or the reverse - write the post and forget to actually 'post' it.

What was it before? A white background for the edit box? Please bring that back.

And I miss the old rolling emoji laugh guy. New ones are the same crap seen everywhere else.

Broken? No. Was the software the site was running on going out of support by the vendor? Or hard to maintain? Quite possibly.

Kind of link upgrading to Windows 10 even though 7 was working fine.

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Broken? No. Was the software the site was running on going out of support by the vendor? Or hard to maintain? Quite possibly.

Kind of link upgrading to Windows 10 even though 7 was working fine.
Well, I'm still on CentOS 6 (server) and Mojave on the Mac. And still on Windows 97, I guess. Haven't used it since then.

I'm a retired developer, so I definitely get it, but I don't have to like it. I'm not up on BB/Forum software offerings, but I'd hope that the type of things I was whining about would be completely configurable on the admin side. If someone accepted the importance of keeping the look and feel. But maybe they're not done yet.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Well, I'm still on CentOS 6 (server) and Mojave on the Mac. And still on Windows 97, I guess. Haven't used it since then.

I'm a retired developer, so I definitely get it, but I don't have to like it. I'm not up on BB/Forum software offerings, but I'd hope that the type of things I was whining about would be completely configurable on the admin side. If someone accepted the importance of keeping the look and feel. But maybe they're not done yet.

Yeah, I get it. My guess is that BB software is not a high profit market, so a lot of that is not configurable / available.

I still need to update my Linux Mint laptop. It went out of support a bit ago. Maybe I'll just order a new one since I never liked that hardware anyhow...

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
My usual M.O. is to right-click on an image and choose "copy image address". Then, here on TDPRI, I click on the "insert image" menu item, tab to "by URL" and paste (ctrl-V).

iu-lilac.gif

I didn't notice there was second tab, thanks.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted

Screenshot_20220106-153938_Gallery.jpg

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
Screenshot_20220106-154907_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220106-155150_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think part of the disorientation is that the text area changes to the same color as the toolbar.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Well, there's good change and bad change. In five billion years, the sun will expand into a red giant and vaporize the Earth. Hmm. Is that good or bad? But in the grand scheme of things . . .

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
This new format sucks big time! I absolutely hate it! It's so bad I may stop coming here.
C'mon, Man. It's not THAT bad. My former employer, one of the nations largest companies, used to drop new software on us all the time with no training...you just have to figure it out and get used to it. Be FLEXIBLE...ADAPT.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
I think it'll be ok if they tweak some settings.

A little contrast to help guide the eye.

You can't tell me those menu lines are ok.
Screenshot_20220106-153802_Gallery.jpg

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
View attachment 937344 View attachment 937345

I think part of the disorientation is that the text area changes to the same color as the toolbar.
That, but also if you looked at my screenshot, at least on my computer (not phone), the edit box without focus is more or less the same color as the rest of the page, none of which is editable.

Based on your pics, it seems the colors are different on different devices, which also seems odd.

Fearnot

Poster Extraordinaire
Can we add some more 'New Posts'? It's really the only thing I look at anymore, since they added so many new categories a few years back. Too hard to find anything.

Showing only 5 is really kind of useless.