This Site Is Becoming Very Hard To Navigate

screefer

Tele-Afflicted
The old emojis looked human drawn and the new ones look digital.
Tube vs solid state
Warm vs cold....etc

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
They actually removed it...

View attachment 937160

as they feel that the membership here can't handle rejection.

Well a disagree symbol makes sense on a gear forum where tech questions are asked and answered, because in the misinformation age it would help when a new to gear tech chat member repeats pop misinformation, if multiple thumbs down symbols could indicate the claim is unsubstantiated.

The number of times I've seen a tech question asked, followed by the usual tossed salad of answers, then the OP says they are taking the WORST suggestion because there is no way to know which are factual and which are mythological.

The other thing is that the forum rules are no longer in plain sight at the bottom of every page.
Treat each other with respect, no hate speech etc.
Now we have an ANGRY emoji?
Is it really respectful to be angry with a post?
Isn't anger a real problem the mods face in our debates turned into arguments?
So why promote angry responses when angry responses are the biggest problem we have?

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
I have no preference as long as it works, but to be honest, when I logged on after the down time and saw it, I figured the site had crashed, got wiped out, whatever, and a backup from 10 years ago was restored. It struck me as old looking, with generic, default "forum software" settings.

Edit: the angry thing is for when you're talking about how FedEx has your NGD going round in circles somewhere far away for 2 weeks :mad:

beagle

Poster Extraordinaire
Well a disagree symbol makes sense on a gear forum where tech questions are asked and answered, because in the misinformation age it would help when a new to gear tech chat member repeats pop misinformation, if multiple thumbs down symbols could indicate the claim is unsubstantiated.

The number of times I've seen a tech question asked, followed by the usual tossed salad of answers, then the OP says they are taking the WORST suggestion because there is no way to know which are factual and which are mythological.

The other thing is that the forum rules are no longer in plain sight at the bottom of every page.
Treat each other with respect, no hate speech etc.
Now we have an ANGRY emoji?
Is it really respectful to be angry with a post?
Isn't anger a real problem the mods face in our debates turned into arguments?
So why promote angry responses when angry responses are the biggest problem we have?

Hey, don't shoot me, I'm just a guitar player... :p

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I just tried to reference a thread I posted last year; I thought it might be helpful to someone asking a question. What's this? Where it used to have a button for "Your Threads", now... WTF, there's no way to find it. Sorry to complain, but, why would you make things worse, why?

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
I haven't read through the thread; this may have been addressed (if so, excuse me...)
Is there any way to get the old view back, where all the most recent classifieds show up on the right? I really liked that, and hate going and looking through specific categories.

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
I just tried to reference a thread I posted last year; I thought it might be helpful to someone asking a question. What's this? Where it used to have a button for "Your Threads", now... WTF, there's no way to find it. Sorry to complain, but, why would you make things worse, why?
Someone pointed out that if you click on the blank space just to the left of the TDPRI logo at the top of the page a secret menu pops up with all sorts of helpful things including "Your threads". Screenshot_20220106-162636_Samsung Internet.jpg

Justjammin

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
This is not as comfortable or welcoming (?) as it used to be for me, fwiw.
The classifieds are reminiscent of the old old website where is was a partscasters delight.

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
Because of the number of old geezers around here, including myself, I think they should add the poop emoji to the Like options to indicate something was so funny you pooped your pants.

TeleTucson

Friend of Leo's
Holding down Ctrl and pressing the + key to enlarge the site has made the change more pleasant for me at this point.

The "Change width" button:

Maybe it was already noted earlier in the thread, but down at the very bottom of the page, over on the left just above the "About Us", is a small click that says, "Change width". That will restore the site to the full window and eliminate the awful mustard brown boundaries on the side. It makes the site much more like the previous site IMO.

Slim Chance

Tele-Afflicted
The only feature I've ever wanted is the ability to reorder the the list of sub forums so I don't have to scroll through the 80% I never view in order to get to the 20% I do care to read. Is that asking to much? On my desk top, I simply have them bookmarked. On the phone, that is not really as easy for me to do.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The "Change width" button:

Maybe it was already noted earlier in the thread, but down at the very bottom of the page, over on the left just above the "About Us", is a small click that says, "Change width". That will restore the site to the full window and eliminate the awful mustard brown boundaries on the side. It makes the site much more like the previous site IMO.
For some reason Change Width doesn't do anything to my page when I click on it. As someone mentioned though, Control + spreads the page out, enlarges the print and makes it appear much as it did before. You only have to hit Control minus to put it back to the way it was before you hit Control +

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I see you can’t search for members yet. I was trying to look up someone I don’t like so I can read through his posts and see if there was anything worth reporting. Just to troll him because I don’t like him.

Tele1966

Friend of Leo's
For some reason Change Width doesn't do anything to my page when I click on it. As someone mentioned though, Control + spreads the page out, enlarges the print and makes it appear much as it did before. You only have to hit Control minus to put it back to the way it was before you hit Control +
@Toto'sDad I remember two or three (four?) years ago when there was an announced change on TDPRI that the yellow color would, or might be changing. If I recall correctly this was slightly annoying to you. Moving forward to the recent big change and I was wondering if you'd boycott. Great to see you haven't! :)

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
I see you can’t search for members yet. I was trying to look up someone I don’t like so I can read through his posts and see if there was anything worth reporting. Just to troll him because I don’t like him.
You can still do it indirectly. Use the regular search function to search their name and get a list of where they've posted. Digital stalkers can aways find a way!

011273D5-B384-4712-9F69-3AF143A1F870.jpeg
011273D5-B384-4712-9F69-3AF143A1F870.jpeg

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
@Toto'sDad I remember two or three (four?) years ago when there was an announced change on TDPRI that the yellow color would, or might be changing. If I recall correctly this was slightly annoying to you. Moving forward to the recent big change and I was wondering if you'd boycott. Great to see you haven't! :)
You know I've come to realize only recently, that I AM NOT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE. I am however married to her! I hate change of any kind, sometimes even if it's for the better, that's just how I'm wired. The recent changes to the site don't seem to matter much in the scheme of things. In general, I like things any of them to stay the same, but there is a very strong force in the world that is unsatisfied with the status quo and insists on change. I will endure!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Much has been said about the speed of the new verson of the forum being slow. For me, and I don't have a stellar internet connection, it's around 115 mbps, the site responds faster than ever. At first it seemed a little vague when I would hit post reply because it's almost instantaneous. Easy to tell though, if you can't change anything without hitting edit, it's posted, if you can it isn't.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Someone pointed out that if you click on the blank space just to the left of the TDPRI logo at the top of the page a secret menu pops up with all sorts of helpful things including "Your threads". View attachment 937251
That works for you?
When I click on the space over there nothing happens.
If I click on the blue pick, it takes me to the home page.