This Site Is Becoming Very Hard To Navigate

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
It looks like the theme choices disappeared overnight. I chose "core" but it has reverted to "classic" with no choices.

I miss the "go to first unread" pick when you are in a thread. That seems to have gone away.

jays0n

Tele-Afflicted
I don’t mind the new site. Had to redo the Favorites/bookmarks on my phone and get used to a little different navigation but it was not bad for me.

DennisM

Tele-Meister
I'm the OP and I'm getting used to it. I still would like to be able to see all the classifieds together instead of having to click on each category separately. Everything else looks fine thus far.

Bendyha

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
That all the so-called sister sites look practically the same as each-other & TDPRI, except for slight variations, such as colour, is horrid.
Removal of all characteristic individuality to favour a "one site concept to rule them all" is quite an arrogant insult from a brainless business minded "function first" group of insensitive, anti-artistic, dictators

Well............that's the way I feel about it.

Others claim it is progress..........keeping up with the times.........this may sadly be the case, but if that is so, the future looks bleak.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
That all the so-called sister sites look practically the same as each-other & TDPRI, except for slight variations, such as colour, is horrid.
Removal of all characteristic individuality to favour a "one site concept to rule them all" is quite an arrogant insult from a brainless business minded "function first" group of insensitive, anti-artistic, dictators

Well............that's the way I feel about it.

Others claim it is progress..........keeping up with the times.........this may sadly be the case, but if that is so, the future looks bleak.

the layout is the highway which is helpful to have standards and common interfaces etc. The 'art' and creativity is in whatever we create and post. I want safe, functional highways that have some uniformity and consistency and have the modern protections from all the cyber nasties.

Then, I want to read what people are thinking and doing.

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
I notice some fine tuning going on.
the colour hue has changed slightly, to the better 👍
and the round avatars are back to square 👌
and probably much more...

good work, keep on tweaking :)

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 23-17-51 This Site Is Becoming Very Hard To Navigate.png.jpg

KelvinS1965

Tele-Afflicted
Apart from the font change it all seems the same as before for me?

Maybe it's the way I use the site? I just tend to go on the main forum list page and go into whichever sub-forum takes my fancy. Occasionally if someone has quoted me or liked a post I'll use the alert to jump directly to that thread/post.

I remember quite a few years back now when a UK AV forum changed it's looks/layout and there was uproar, but eventually we all got used to it. Maybe some people left, but no one I noticed (to be fair I initially felt the same myself as the navigation was different in that case, so it took a little while to find things again, but I soon go used to it). I guess a guitar forum mainly talking about a very old design of guitar with many discussions about not changing said guitar is always going to have an uphill struggle with any change though. :D

Bendyha

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
the layout is the highway which is helpful to have standards and common interfaces etc. The 'art' and creativity is in whatever we create and post. I want safe, functional highways that have some uniformity and consistency and have the modern protections from all the cyber nasties.

Then, I want to read what people are thinking and doing.
Sounds a bit like an excuse someone might use for ordering a "big-mac" when visiting Paris, France.

Anxiety is the hand maiden of creativity. TS Eliot.

3-Chord-Genius

Poster Extraordinaire
Change is good. Now if some other things could be changed....... but I guess that's kind of like the police investigating themselves....

Last edited:

Friend of Leo's
This said having worked in the industry .... If there's one thing IT (web-programmers especially) guys can't do is leave a perfectly well enough functioning thing alone ... all in the name of progress/improvement of course.

No doubt folk were sharing tdpri content across other platforms before this upgrade ... but to see icons actively encouraging sharing through Reddit etc, in a forum such as this, is a surprise to me.

Wonder how many members have been requesting that feature, or indeed any of the other changes?

WalthamMoosical

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Weird. It looks sort of like this to me:
(I'm trying to paste a screen shot, not sure if it will work)

1641420622100.png