This phrase really irks me.......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ghostdriver, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Does that mean because I've been playing 43 years, and buy Vintera MIM guitars, then I'm probably an intermediate player? How very presumptuous of Fender to categorize their customers.

Fiesta Red and notmyusualuserid like this.
  2. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

The guitars are their's, they get to decide how they market them.

No it is not presumptuous of them to categorize their customers, there are people at Fender who's is actually that.

For the most part they aren't really interested in your playing ability, they mostly care about your buying ability.

3. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Whatever man, if you don't recognise irony, I give up. Moving on....

4. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

In this video I posted earlier today in the 'Music to Your Ears' section, I'm pretty sure Eric Deaton is playing a Squier Jazz Bass.

Bass handles the really low frequencies, so I guess that makes it sub-entry level (groan :rolleyes:).

Pax/
    Dean

5. jim777

jim777 Tele-Meister

Literally every Japanese Tokai I've played or owned was as good or better than the comparable Gibson, and usually at half the price or less. And high end Tokai's generally take a back seat to Navigator and Momose . The only Gibson I've ever played in my 48 years playing that was actually better than the available Japanese copies (and again, at more than twice the price) is my Jim Hutchinson built L5. And as nice a that is, and it is spectacular, I play my MIM Baja Tele more often.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  6. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Good point Ghostdriver. I didn't even own an electric ( but I had a REAL Epiphone Texan).
    Anyway , I got a job as lead guitarist, in an orchestra pit, with a page turner, cause I could read music. I used a Teisco ( ?) and a borrowed Champ. It all sounded great. I read and played, page tuner read the music and tuurned. That was at this state's highest level opera house, thousands per night, great reviews - I loved the finale.
    Just goes to show what you said about entry level guitars. Some Squire Affinities can sound great. It's in the hands and mind and how you want to put it al together. Whatever you choose, it's your decision.

7. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

....if we even really need one. LOL.

Obsessed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.