1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

This One Blew My Mind It Was So Good

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Toast, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

Thanks. Good video. I think it's a bit advanced for me because he might be assuming that his audience already understands those chords in the context of a musical progression. Unfortunately, I don't :). I also think those chords sound great standing on their own, but they also get their colors from their place within a progression. Anyway, this video also helped me get a sense of chord color. It discusses chord inversion from a much simpler foundation, but I think it complements your video.

stinkey likes this.
  2. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

Cool. I'm always on the lookout for good song walkthroughs. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    radiocaster likes this.
  3. envirodat

envirodat Tele-Meister

That lesson on the power chords helped me a bit more. I have never really learned any of that stuff. I guess I also should start to learn scales as well.

Toast likes this.
  4. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

I think you might want to just start with simple beginner guitar lessons. There are plenty of good lessons on Youtube. It sounds like you already know how to play things so focus on understanding the musical concepts: chords and the harmonized scale, major/minor scale, root notes, memorizing the notes of the fingerboard, simple songs . . . There are loads of good lessons out there. Good luck.

5. envirodat

envirodat Tele-Meister

Good advice. Glad I won't be bored.

Toast likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.