This morning's Mo-sickle glamour shot...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by John Backlund, Sep 28, 2021.

1. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

I would like to hear that R18 run. I got to put in a little time on a R80/7 and a R75/5 about ten years ago and liked them, but they sounded very...polite. Other than the sound of dropping into gear, or shifting gears: ka-CHUNK!!!

John Backlund likes this.
  2. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Gas, Gatorade, and a much needed butt-rest stop while on my way to St. Paul from Rapid City a couple weeks ago on the R18. 350 miles on day one, 518 miles on day two, and 528 miles on day three. I was obviously traveling 'light'.
    IMG_20210830_152508704_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210830_160213128_HDR~2.jpg

3. John Backlund

The R18 continues with the tradition of
    'polite' German boxer twins. It sounds ok from the back, but it is seriously muffled down. I would consider an exhaust with a bit more 'big twin thud' to it, but I like the goofy appearance of it's 'Giant Chromed Carp' twin mufflers too much to be willing to take them off.

Ricky D. and Telecaster1954 like this.
  4. John Backlund

No "ka-CHUNK" to the shifting though, it's a treat to use the gearbox on this bike.

5. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

I agree that Those mufflers are distinctive and part of the look. Have you had a look under those chrome-y shrouds covering the intake path out to the heads? Are fuel injectors and wiring hidden under those?

6. MickM

MickM Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Here's my only 2 wheeler. A 1950 Harley Davidson WL, 45 cu. in.(750 cc) with 6.05 hp. (N.A.C.C. rating) according to the original manual. Wiki sez 25 hp with 65mph top end but you don't want to ride this bike at 65mph unless you want to soon have it hauled back home so you can re-build the motor. These were designed to go all day on 2 lane roads at 45-50 mph way before the interstate highway system was in place. Still a bunch of fun with the foot (left) clutch, tank shift (left side) Front brake is on right side handlebar and rear brake-right foot. Also the left side hand grip advances and retards the ignition while the throttle is on right where you'd expect it. (unless you have a vintage Indian) micks wl (Small) (1).JPG

7. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

I really like the looks of the BMW!

8. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

9. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

My last bike was a 1957 R69S. Not a fast bike, but quiet and comfortable at legal speeds. A great cruiser. Sold it with 120,000 miles on the odo.

MickM likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.