This morning's Mo-sickle glamour shot...

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I would like to hear that R18 run. I got to put in a little time on a R80/7 and a R75/5 about ten years ago and liked them, but they sounded very...polite. Other than the sound of dropping into gear, or shifting gears: ka-CHUNK!!!

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Gas, Gatorade, and a much needed butt-rest stop while on my way to St. Paul from Rapid City a couple weeks ago on the R18. 350 miles on day one, 518 miles on day two, and 528 miles on day three. I was obviously traveling 'light'.
IMG_20210830_152508704_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210830_160213128_HDR~2.jpg

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I would like to hear that R18 run. I got to put in a little time on a R80/7 and a R75/5 about ten years ago and liked them, but they sounded very...polite. Other than the sound of dropping into gear, or shifting gears: ka-CHUNK!!!

The R18 continues with the tradition of
'polite' German boxer twins. It sounds ok from the back, but it is seriously muffled down. I would consider an exhaust with a bit more 'big twin thud' to it, but I like the goofy appearance of it's 'Giant Chromed Carp' twin mufflers too much to be willing to take them off.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
I agree that Those mufflers are distinctive and part of the look. Have you had a look under those chrome-y shrouds covering the intake path out to the heads? Are fuel injectors and wiring hidden under those?

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Kawasaki W800, all of 47 mighty horsepower, but a great little retro ride nonetheless.

Here's my only 2 wheeler. A 1950 Harley Davidson WL, 45 cu. in.(750 cc) with 6.05 hp. (N.A.C.C. rating) according to the original manual. Wiki sez 25 hp with 65mph top end but you don't want to ride this bike at 65mph unless you want to soon have it hauled back home so you can re-build the motor. These were designed to go all day on 2 lane roads at 45-50 mph way before the interstate highway system was in place. Still a bunch of fun with the foot (left) clutch, tank shift (left side) Front brake is on right side handlebar and rear brake-right foot. Also the left side hand grip advances and retards the ignition while the throttle is on right where you'd expect it. (unless you have a vintage Indian)
micks wl (Small) (1).JPG

Ricky D.

Doctor of Teleocity
My last bike was a 1957 R69S. Not a fast bike, but quiet and comfortable at legal speeds. A great cruiser. Sold it with 120,000 miles on the odo.