This may be a silly question

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Waterbound, Feb 1, 2015.

1. billiemorini

billiemorini Tele-Meister

I like it stock. Only changed strings and setup guitar the way I like.

2. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Every now and then I think about a few mods but I soon abandon the idea. I like my Lite Ash as is and both my Cabs. Although I did buy a new pickguard recently, if that counts. Think I have been lucky to never buy a guitar that needed work on it or even had a jack cup fall out.
    But I totally understand why people change their guitars to personalise them and might do more if my technical skills went beyond doing set ups

3. SteveGangi

SteveGangi Tele-Holic

Yes. Mine is stock, as it came from the store.

4. cjrincon03

cjrincon03 Tele-Meister

Love my lite ash MIK. Needs no mods. Other then the strap locks that went on first thing!

5. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

I've never left guitars un-molested from my very first $5 bass to the latest one. I never mess with acoustics though - they seem too highly strung and only just holding together without my interference. Actually come to think of it I have changed bridges and nuts and installed pickups so that counts as messing.

6. bo

bo Poster Extraordinaire

Who said ragged? I toured the U.S., England and Germany. Got to open for and meet a lot of great musicians (oh, Brian Setzer and Nick Lowe are too ragged for you...). We put out four records (hmmm...I date myself). I then went on to do studio work for several singer/songwriters and got paid well for it. Kiddo? I'm a half century plus. All I was stating in my initial post is that if you take an instrument out on the road for any length of time, even a typically durable Fender solidbody, you will wear it out.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  7. PYannerman

PYannerman TDPRI Member

Weeeell,

I'm a keyboard player wanting to be a guitar player in the worst way and I'm not a purist in stock or modified axes...whatever tunes your string...
    REALLY expensive to do on boards- been there done that.

But I have always loved the Tele style and look. Bought a stock wood grain Squier with a rosewood neck, 2 single coil pups, and all chrome hardware for $200 on ebay 5-6 yrs ago new. Dunno where or how it was made, but it is a heavy sucker. A work in progress so to speak...

Joined the forum a few years back and did some reading and digging. Work and health issues for a time prevented my guitar pursuits but had a great friend- he'a gone now - blues player who imparted some knowledge as did the web, this form thank you, and the tech that did the work.

But now that I have the guitar the way I want it...I ain't changin' nuthin'. :)
    will upload a pic soon...

All black hardware
    Locking tuners
    New saddle
    DR Pure Blues - 11's on top, 10's on the bottom
    Dimarzio Tone Zone -neck
    Dimarzio Distortion Zone -bridge
    Reversed control plate
    4 pos switch-series, parallel, either, both pups
    Vol Control has push-pull for single/double coil switching
    HD input connector
    Speed knobs
    Strap lock

Tranzamp G30 with an Eminence 10" Lil Buddy
    Zoom G2.1NU efx box

My 2 cents...FWIW

Peace- Music Gets You Thru!

PY

Attached Files:

8. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Totally agree. I think they look as good as they play. It's one of my Teles that I know I will never sell. I would buy a second one but here in the UK decent used ones are now selling for nearly as much as a new MIM.

9. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

I'm the kind of person that wouldn't even put a sticker on my car, just to leave it stock. So most of my teles stay exactly the way they were made. But a few just need the changes.

I got 2 Squier affinity's, one sounds and plays great, but the other just needs different pickups. (bought it second hand, but was assured it were the original pickups). I also got a dual humbucker with the 4 skirted knobs... I Just had to replace those, because they felt to "plastic"-y to me.

I suppose, it just doesn't matter... we should all do what we think is best... Not every mod will make a guitar better..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.