This man surprised his dad for his 99'th birthday by restoring his 1955 Ford Crown Vic.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

What a cool move and that old man was so visibly happy.

PeterUK, P-Nutz, Tonetele and 7 others like this.
  2. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

That's great...

3. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

That was cool.

4. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

That's what's up. Wish I could find my dad a Colonial Cream Yellow '57 Chevy Bel Air convertible and take him for a ride. He had one as a teen that he hot rodded and customized and used to drag race it for my sister's baby formula. Doesn't get more hot rod than that.

Here come ol' flat-top...
    untitled 39.jpg untitled 40.jpg untitled 41.jpg untitled 42.jpg untitled 18.jpg untitled 25.jpg untitled 26.jpg untitled 27.jpg untitled 29.jpg untitled 30.jpg

5. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's

that old guy was adorable

that family - putting this together - beyond adorable

maybe my daughter will resurrect my '70 VW Ghia from the our garage (2 or 3 years dormant now - but I've owned & driven it since '79 and only stopped after we adopted her in 2001)

Thanks for posting

Peace - Deeve

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

those pics are amazing

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  7. Rick-Robertson

Rick-Robertson TDPRI Member

You’re very lucky to have those photos. My dad had an old ‘51 Studebaker and then a 1956 Desoto.......but alas, no pics.......Mom drove a ‘53 Pontiac and I rode standing up in the back. No seatbelts, no car seat, just me and the dog.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  8. El Tele Lobo

So is my dad. Amazing guy. Hot rodder, truck driver, father, family man, farmer, fisherman, paper mill foreman, woodworker, handyman, auto mechanic and storyteller. I wish my parents' divorce...and later my stepmom...didn't foul things up for us. We missed a lot of good years together and I missed a lot of needed fathering. He wasn't perfect, but he was brilliant in a self-taught way...and in spite of his shortcomings, taught me a lot about hard work, loyalty, keeping your word and being someone people can count on and respect.

9. El Tele Lobo

I have others too. Before the '57, he had a '49 Chevy truck he customized, and later, a '46 Chevy truck. When I was a kid, we had, at various times, a '62, '64 and '66 C10...and later a '74 El Camino. More recently, he had a '52 3100. My dad was a lifelong Chevy man. I have pictures of most of them, especially the early ones. Some of them are really cool. The ones from when he was a kid and really into hot rodding though, are my favorite.

10. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

That is too cool

11. zook

zook Friend of Leo's

The Ford is not a Crown Victoria. The son said that his dad wanted one, but got the sedan because he had a family. All the same it's a great story.
    this is a '55 Crown Victoria:

[​IMG]

FLHT and boris bubbanov like this.
  12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

1955 and 1956 Fords were really cool, I thought.

1957? In the fog of the styling wars, Ford really lost their way badly. In terms of the basic soundness of the vehicles.

One of the members here critiqued Virgil Exner and the Mopar boys for losing track in 1957, but I personally would say Ford screwed up the worst.

Ironically, the car for 1957 that turned out greatest, was the Chevy. Unlike the other four GM divisions, Chevy couldn't have their "all new" model (what you know as the 1958 Chevy) ready in time and Robert Cumberford was asked to quickly rework the 1956 Chevy and his work is just right - gorgeous. Some people thought they'd have to "settle" if they bought the 1957 Chevy, but instead they were the only ones really rewarded for buying in 1957.

Our 1957 Ford was the worst car our family has ever owned. In one buy, FoMoCo lost what should have been a large family of lifelong customers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.