This man raised an opossum. Now he thinks they are smarter than dogs.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Little barrister is a master orator

E811C018-AF24-4A69-B7DA-1B4DDF257A24.jpeg

P-Nutz

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I think they’re cute, and we always have a coupla two-three hanging around, along with raccoons, deer and a fox or two.

However, they’ve come into the house a couple of times and they smell really bad! I mean REALLY BAD!
I hope domesticated ones aren’t as odiferous … just saying …

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
I have a magic recipe for cookin' up possum. In a roasting pan throw your possum, potatoes, carrots, onions garlic, salt and pepper to taste, maybe a little greek oregano and a splash of olive oil to keep it moist. Put in oven at 350 for about two hours. Remove from oven, feed the possum to the dogs to eat and enjoy the taters, carrots, and onions for yourself. Delicious.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I didn’t know their lifespan was so very short. Made me sad.
We started feeding them out back when my wife learned they are tick hunters and eat thousands of ticks, she had Lyme disease and is scared of the tick pop.
They really barely make it through winters and require big fat stores once it’s cold because they only come out when it’s warm enough and do not hibernate.
We had at least six visiting around Christmas but since temps in single digits I think some have died already in their first year.

F4681A04-013E-4CB5-9E15-7C274C192749.jpeg
9036AB33-07AB-417A-8885-180C604EA2D1.jpeg

andy__d

Tele-Meister
I wasn’t aware they lived such short lived. I’d convinced myself that the one that’s been visiting our yard for the last 5 years, was a baby I’d seen that was abandoned by its mother when it was scared away by a neighbors cat. I’d been letting it get away with eating my eggplant, tomatoes, beans, peas, etc, out of the garden, because I felt sorry for this one poor opossum. I may have been duped (so, it appears they’re not only smarter than dogs…)